Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Atsko UV Killer Spray

Old 09-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Atsko UV Killer Spray

I've seen the Atsko UV killer spray advertised on some of the outdoor shows and based on some of the studies in Quality Whitetails it actually does seem like it would help to some extent. I've been to Gander Mountain and Academy trying to buy it though and they don't carry it or any UV inhibiting spray.

I thought I would just buy it online through the Atsko website but it seem that the only thing you can buy there is the UV detection kit.

They also sell some scent free, brightner free laundry detergent. Most of the other scent free detergents I've seen advertise not having brightners as well though. I just can't find another UV inhibiting spray.

Anyone know where to buy this and any opinions on whether it is worth buying or not?

Thanks, Nathan
Old 09-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Atsko UV Killer Spray

Okay, I'm an idiot, I found where you can buy it on their website and it is available a few other places online.

They have one package that includes the laundry detergent, UV spray and a little UV detection light for $25 + $7 shipping.

http://www.atsko.com/shop/catalog/UV-KILLER-SPORT-WASH-COMBO-WITH-UV-LIGHT-BOOK-AND-DVD-p-16235.html

Amazon shows the detergent/UV spray combo pack for $13 + $5 shipping.

So is this something I need or just another gimmick?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Dominant Buck

That's a good price, just the UV killer usually retails for $15.
You can find Atsko Sportwash laundry detergent in the camping section of any Wal-Mart all year round, during the hunting season they and Meijer sell the UV killer/Sportwash combo pack as well. Sportsman's Guide normally carries both year round as well. I'm a firm believer in Sportwash for hunting clothing, and my detergent sensitive son can't really wash his normal laundry in anything else. The UV killer also works as advertised according to my in home testing on a variety of garment types.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:12 PM

I also thought the product would be good until I went and bought a black light and tested my cloths that I have washed in un-scented Tide, etc. Non of the cloths glowed? I sprayed the UV Killer on one amo shirt, and the spray goo itself ACTUALLY GLOWED? Go figure.

Anyothers have similar results?

Just could be the Tide I use, Unscented Skin Sensitive brand has no uv brightners for skin sensitive consumers? I would recommend testing your cloths first prior to spending so much money on the sprays, etc. $2.99 for black light! JIMO
Old 09-05-2008, 04:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Don't believe everything you read on a product label, my youngest son is extremely sensitive to adulterants, Sportwash is the only laundry detergent he's tried that doesn't give him a rash. Even if the Tide didn't havebrighteners the clothing itself almost certainly had them added at time of manufacture for more eye appeal on the store's rack. Next time use Sportwash or another product designed for hunting apparel first, then perform the blacklight test, you'll get the correct result then.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

I use the spray about 3 or 4 times a year on every piece of camo clothing I own. I also bought a bottle of the laundry detergant that kills the UV and scent. I use this when I wash my clothes about 3 or 4 days before hitting the woods. You can tell it is actually working to because by the fourth or fifth time you've washed/sprayed the camo is already fading a little bit
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

I think it's a gimmick. Even if there are UV brighteners in hunting clothes, the evidence that animals can see in the UV spectrum is pretty speculative. Check out "Whitetail Strategies" by Peter Fidducia before you spend a bunch of money on this stuff. It contains a pretty convincing rebuttal on the UV issue.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Just my opinion but I think the UV Killer is one of the few products that really work, No, I don't have any way to prove it other than experiences that lead me to believe in it. My hunting clothes don't get washed that often, but when they do it is in Sport wash, & then sprayed down with UV KIller. If I purchase something new it gets the same treatment, If it is a gimmick, well they got me, But I think it works, jmop Doc
Old 03-05-2013, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

This would be for all the deer we're hunting at those black light parties?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Bartender

Hunt the wind and just try to move as little as possible.

Quick Reply: Atsko UV Killer Spray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.