HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Stolen Stands!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/261238-stolen-stands.html)

loganw 09-03-2008 06:02 PM

Stolen Stands!!

Well today as I was riding my fourwheeler through the woods, I noticed that two of my stands were missing. This really ticked me off because about two years ago (and multiple other times) we had an incident where a stand was stolen. Thats not it either. They destroyed 3 of our wooden stands, took the boards with nails and hid those in leaveson the trail with the nails sticking up, and stretched a bow rope across the trail at neck level! We talked to the DNR and had a guy come out and investigate. He gave the guys that were doing it a warning. Now I get to deal with this all over again!! I am just amazed at the stupidity in some of the scum bags on this planet. I think I am going to call the DNR again, but what do you guys think? Have you ever had an experience like this?. Any Suggestions? The funny thing is that these stands were locked up tight!

CAM2 09-03-2008 06:53 PM

RE: Stolen Stands!!

I HATE THEIVES!!!!!!!!![:@]
i feel for you brotha. were they on public or private land? if you hang new stands can you hide trail cameras near them in hopes of getting pics of who's doing this?

loganw 09-03-2008 07:16 PM

The people that live next to the woodshave permission to be back there except during hunting season. We already know that they have stolen previous stands. They are the biggest bold-faces liars I have ever seen. Gettin the stands back is gonna be interesting.

madvilledoc 09-03-2008 07:20 PM

Have you ever thought about hiding some game cameras around to "catch them in the act" so to speak? The only way you are ever going to get them to stop is to catch them in the act and prosecute.

brushbustin 09-03-2008 07:37 PM

That just plain sucks you know what.I had a little incident last year for the first time.Luckily i had it locked down good and they only took part of the ladder and the brace to my ladder stand.Im going to put my stands back out tommorrow,and hope for the best.This time i'll have the ladder and brace chained also.Its a shame what a person has to do just to keep his things anymore.I know who took it,but no way to prove it!

Mottz 09-03-2008 08:58 PM

It's too bad you couldn't have a computer chip/gps thing installed in these so you could track them. That would be awesome to find them when people deny it.

Seif5034 09-03-2008 09:09 PM

you could install a tracking device but it'd be expensive. look around the internet I'm sure you can find 'em

Indiana SmokePole 09-03-2008 09:18 PM

[:@]I hate a F_ _ _ _ _ g Theaf I have had 4 stands stollen in the past!

superstrutter 09-03-2008 09:25 PM

From what you say, these guys are not only committing theft, but also damage to property, and attempted bodily harm. I would definately get the law involved. You need to inform the landowner of what is going on. He needs to permanently ban them from his property. It sounds like this could get ugly. Thankfully I don't have to put up with crap like that and have never had to. I would also say put cameras out to catch them in the act, but they would probably just steal them if they knew they were there. You had better hide them good and make sure they have no flash.

backstrap fever 09-03-2008 11:10 PM

i have had wooden stands torn down and hang ons stolen now i use a climber and every time i catch somebody on my posted property i run them off hate to be that way but this crap gets expensive