Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bad name for taxidermist

Old 09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bad name for taxidermist

If you had him sign a form that he recieved it I would call the law fast.I guarantee he will find your mount or rack and cape real fast.I used to do taxidermy and mount fish and you dont just lose things like that.He knows exactly where you deer is and if you call the law I know you will get it done or get it back.Someone like this is no friend to you as I know as I had the same thing happen to me and the guy left the state and messed up a lot of different peoples mounts.Even if he did not give you a signed paper call the law and put some pressure on him and you will see your deer again so dont let this happen or he will do this again to others.A bad name he trys to give to a hard working bunch of taxidermists is unacceptable! Mike
Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

wiggy i think that ole boy would deserve a butt whipping
Old 09-03-2008, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks
Old 09-03-2008, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

well my buddies dad shot the buddest deer of his life a monster 9 point just a massize deer brought it to the taxidurmist and it still aint done 3 years later id be pissed btu he isnt pushing the issue kicker is guys has been doing and giving out mounts from last years season but still no sign of my buddies deer
Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

TIP: Dont let friends do you any of your work!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a friend shoot a 131'' eight point, he let the taxidermist pick up the cape from the processor and didn't see it again until it was ready. When he got there it was a 95'' eight point. They said they couldn't do anything about it and he would have to pay for the one with his name on it. The stupid thing is he did.

After this story you better believe I went to the taxi and double checked my deer.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd probably put his sorry butt up on the wall and start a new scoring system...
SIC (stupid idiot club).
He'd get in the books for sure.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Thats why you go to an established taxidermist, and not some fly by night guy. It may cost more, but you defenitly get what you pay for with taxidermy. The best shop in our area takes up to six months longer than every one else and cost 200 more(they keep raising prices because they have too much work and want to cut demand), but their work blows the doors off the competition from what I've seen so far and is worth every penny.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

I can't imagine him losing a mount. Sounds like he sold them when times got tough. I would make it known to the public, one way or the other. That just sucks.
Chris
Old 09-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

This is the first year I have ever used a taxidermist, I looked around at a lot and just kind of stumbled into this guy and everything has turned out awesome. What I really like was that he is both a Processor and Taxidermist (actually his brother does all the taxi work). I did this so that it wasn't ever an issue of that wasn't at the processor or the processor tore up the hide so I couldn't mount it. Years ago with a Taxi in Northern Michigan my brother (Who was 7) caught a huge lake trout that my dad wanted to have mounted for him. We took it to this guy, gave him the money. Two days later my dad's friend who lives in the town heard that the taxi guy won the local fishing contest that was going on with a huge lake trout he "caught". My dads friend took the picture of my brother holding the fish, which was a big as him to the newspaper and the people running the tournament. They saw what was going on and he disqualified him. He claimed he let my brother hold the fish for scale but no one bought it. Within a year he was out of business.
Jake

Quick Reply: Bad name for taxidermist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.