Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stealing Treestands?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by afrdnckhntr
man bwhunter501 ur a dick

how is that?he only said he has had to stolen wats ur problem?maybe ur the......u know word?
Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

i had 2 stolen... 1 i have no idea on ... the other i'm guessing it was a guy in his 40s!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

Ya I've had two stolen, no idea who, knew something was up when late season hunt i followed snowmobile tracks to my private land stands, they cut cable locks and buggered off with two of my favorite big outfitter stands......if they were "hunters", hope some day they fall out of one of the stands!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Happens alot around here.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

do you guys lock up all of your treestands? I do, sure they could get through em if they wanted to, but it's a deterrance, they'll have to come back with tools/saws, etc.. can't just come across one and take it.

Also recently was thinking about stealing in general, and how much of a low life you have to be to steal money from another person, though anything worth any value I guess whether its cash or not doesn't matter, and even more so if it's by/from someone you know. At the moment I can't think of much worse.

I guess what really has me riled up is people stealing when they don't need to, we're not talking someone poor and starving stealing food. 99.9% of thefts are probably by people who can afford whatever it is they're stealing. I just have a very low view of people like this. Anyone who does anything like this is a low life scumbag.

Not too long ago someone I knew stole $20 out of my wallet, I think what adds to this is I knew the person, secondly, it was only $20 this person didn't need my 20, I'm sure they thought, oh its just 20, no big deal, when its almost like 20 is worse than 1000. Also at the time I had $26 in my wallet and they took just a 20, not everything to I'm sure help hide the fact that they stole my cash. It's like the sneakiness of it all. Oh well they're out of my life. I guess if you can know someones true colors for the cost of $20 that's not a bad trade right? lol.

oh no stands knock on wood, but 1 ground blind, more than likely the local farm boys, 2 brothers, 18-25yrs old. Could be the neighbor a retired man, though we've caught these boys trespassing hunting, the neighbor never, so unless he's extra sneaky, more than likely these punks.

Last edited by salukipv1; 07-30-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I havent had one completely stolen but think that I have possibly stopped people from stealing mine just by pure luck I have went to check on my stands and had straps and some of my chains missing. I have began to use chains and cables with locks to keep them were I want them. I have met a few people coming from the vicinity of my stands and they have almost always been adult males between the ages of 30 and 45 would be my best guess.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I have had 2 stolen.. Not a good feeling at all.. I just hope i catch someone in the act..
Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Oh do I have a good story about this. I had permission to hunt a small piece of private property in NJ that bordered another piece of hunting property that i did not have permission for. Even though I was allowed to be where I was, I would leave the stand in the tree and then take the steps with me. Well I skip out of school early on a Monday to get to my stand, it was the rut after all, anyway, to my utter surprise my stand was stolen. How you ask? The dang theif couldn't get to the stand without the steps so he CHAINSAWED THE TREE!!! Yep, cut down this HUGE oak tree to get to my stand and just unstrapped it and went on his way. I was a poor student, didn't have money for another stand so for about a week after I sat waiting for the guy, never happened and my season was over. That was 10 years ago and im still pissed
Old 07-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

I have yet to have a stand stolen from me. In the past someone was stealing stands in the area so a bunch of the hunters in the area got together to do something about this. Now every week one of the hunters goes around and checks on everyones stands. There are 5 of us so once every few weeks I go out and check. It takes a lot of trust but these guys are true hunters who value the hunt over the trophy so it works. Have not had a stand stolen in the area in a long time.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Never had a treestand stolen and hope I never do.

Quick Reply: Stealing Treestands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.