Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stealing Treestands?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:46 PM

Default RE: Stealing Treestands?

Yep had one stole a few years back
Old 09-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have mine over 150 yards in the deep thick woods with 2 locks on them. I've never had anything stolen yet, but you never know.

I just wish people would respect others property.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Yep. I had one stolen but later a buddy we let turkey hunt found it stuff under some brush. It was a Hunters View hang-on that weighted 26 pounds so the theft must have got more than he bargained for. Oh yes...I'm sure it was a neighbor as it wasn't over 50 yards from his property line.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

had a few stolen but only one that pisses me off because it happened after thanksgiving it was a api baby grand lite i loved that stand. it was my fault on all stands stolen i left them up after season ended and on public land you cant leave stands up so i took some chances and lost. i use climbers only now i guess they just needed it worse than i did.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

I use bike locks also.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

I have had two stolen. I also had one real jacked up but they could not cut the chain so the cut the seat and straps. That was like 400 yards from my back door! A man takes his ass in the balance if I ever catch him with my stand on his back comin out of the woods.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 AM

Default Stolen treestands

never have a treestand or camera stolen you can now leave your stuff without fear of never seeing it just go to google and type in GPS TRACKING DEVICE you can buy a gps tracking device so small and hide it so when some a hole takes your stand or camera you not only get it back you get back at him when the cops take him away good luck guys iam buying one and hope someone tries to take it maybe ill find all the other ones
Old 07-30-2009, 03:52 AM

I have had 2 treestands stolen. They were about 20ft up and no climbing sticks anywhere around.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had one stolen and I leave 3-4 ladder stands in the woods year around at the hunting club. There are alot of stands in the woods at the hunting club, so I'm more worried with people trying to hunt out of my stands than stealing them. When I scout i walk up on alot of stands nicer than mine, so hopefully mine aren't attractive to thieves

A big logging chain and lock is what I keep on my climber during bow season, and it will keeps most people from being opportunity thieves
Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

I agree, a big chain and lock is a big help. But like it was said before, if someone is determined to get your stand(s), they will. I actually just put up a stand this past weekend and removed all the rapid rails. If they are going to steal it, I want them to work for it.

Quick Reply: Stealing Treestands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.