HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Anyone have plans to build a deer blind? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/260817-anyone-have-plans-build-deer-blind.html)

mi_fiveo 09-01-2008 01:29 PM

Anyone have plans to build a deer blind?

I'm planning on building a ground blind for deer and would appreciate any help form some of you that have already built one. I want to built something that is comfortable to sit in and can be transported into the woods in sections. I will then screw it together and leave it on my property. I can come up with something on my own but was looking for any plans that you guys may have. I sees some websites but i don't wanna pay for a simple deer blind plan. Lets hear some ideas or see some pictures!

TimberCreek 09-01-2008 01:57 PM

RE: Anyone have plans to build a deer blind?

Do a search before posting!
Try this!
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2543839&mpage=1&key=box%2cblind& amp;#2543839

jlsherr 09-01-2008 01:59 PM

Built a few. The standard is 4X4. But I would suggest building A 4X6. Can't send you pictures or plans. All blinds are built from experience and what you have available. There are so many variables. Do you plan on moving itor will it be stationary ? Do not know where you hunt. But I have found that if you wander through a few neighborhoods, you will find piles of Cedar (old fences) on the side of the road. Makes good blind material and is free.Really cuts down on cost. Hopes this helps.

TRACKER 09-01-2008 09:58 PM

Hows this ???
Biult it over the winter and installed it in sections late winter , early spring .
2X4 WALLS,2X8 FLOORS pressure treated 4x4 posts 12 feet long .
Alao has 7 hinged plexy glass windows .
Oh ya its8x8 feet ans a slanted 6 to 8 foot high roof .

HoosierHunter79 09-02-2008 07:08 PM

an idea we had was to connect the sides on the bottom with trampoline springs by just latching them on hooks we screwed in ...very easy

TexasBowHunter 09-02-2008 07:15 PM

I don't have any plans but I just built this for this up coming season, I guess you could build it in the woods. I started with 4X4 posts and ran a 2x6 band around the bottom for the floor and banded the rest of it with 2X4's then screwed the plywood on, add paint and here it is...It wound up being 6X8 with a few shelves and sliding plexiglass windows, my duaghter and wife will enjoy it this fall....

mi_fiveo 09-03-2008 10:16 AM

Nice blind, thats hunting in comfort!

robbcayman 09-03-2008 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

I don't have any plans but I just built this for this up coming season, I guess you could build it in the woods. I started with 4X4 posts and ran a 2x6 band around the bottom for the floor and banded the rest of it with 2X4's then screwed the plywood on, add paint and here it is...It wound up being 6X8 with a few shelves and sliding plexiglass windows, my duaghter and wife will enjoy it this fall....

Wow, is there a plasma in there too. ;)J/K that is a sweet penthouse.;)

TexasBowHunter 09-03-2008 08:32 PM

Hey what ever it takes to get them girls in the woods with me, beside's the fact thatI haven't gun hunted in 13 years andI don't hunt out of blinds it turned out pretty good. My oldest shot her first deer with a rifle last year at the ripe ol age of 7, so I told her I would build a blind that me, her mom and her could get in and hunt and b/c they are girly girls I kinda made it nice....;):D Thanks for the compliments on it!!!!

deerstandbuilder 12-14-2009 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by jlsherr (Post 2931847)
Built a few. The standard is 4X4. But I would suggest building A 4X6. Can't send you pictures or plans. All blinds are built from experience and what you have available. There are so many variables. Do you plan on moving itor will it be stationary ? Do not know where you hunt. But I have found that if you wander through a few neighborhoods, you will find piles of Cedar (old fences) on the side of the road. Makes good blind material and is free.Really cuts down on cost. Hopes this helps.

In an effort to get people to send in their plans to share with the rest of the hunting community, www.Deer-Stands.net is hosting a deer blind plans submission contest with prizes. :D. Please take a look at : deer blind plans