Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Has anyone ever noticed.....

Old 09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Default Has anyone ever noticed.....

.......Game code violations while watching a hunting show? In the last several weeks, I've noticed 3 different violations while watching hunting shows that were filmed in Illinois.2 were hunters that were gun hunting without an Orange hat on. Both were in Blinds, but Illinois law is clear that you must wear a Hat and upper body garment of at least 400 square inches of blaze orangeat all times while in the field gun hunting. After the recovery, while filming the "grip and grin" segment, both hunters had their hat's on all of a sudden, but not when they made the shot. In another show, an archery hunter harvests a Buck, makes the recovery, does the "grip and grin"and loads the buck in a truck, all without the deer being tagged. Again, Illinois law is clear that a deer must be tagged immediately after the recovery. They showed this deer after they got it back to camp and it was tagged by then, but it should have never made it into the truck without being tagged. While these are hardly egregious violations, i was just wondering if anyone else has ever noticed little things like this while watching hunting shows? It should be noted that all 3 hunters were non-residents and probably just got caught up in the excitement of the moment, but technically all were in violation of the law and could have gotten a ticket if a hard nosed CPO would have seen the violatons.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Has anyone ever noticed.....

Could have been in a pen or something. Not sure of the laws there.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have noticed some on a few violations on hunting shows.But that is just basing it on Kentucky laws. I dont know the laws in most of the states they hunt....so I dont really even know for sure
Old 09-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

in maine if your hunting on your own land or private land you dont have to wear orange during the firarms season/ perhaps they were on private land??? as far as the deer being tagged...thats a grey area, we often shoot our deer a mile or more back in the nastiest maine woods and never put a tag on untill we reach the truck. they get ripped off and lost sometimes otherwise. could we be written up for it..yes but but if we tag it and drag the buck and lose the tag then your standing over a deer w/ NO tag in your pocket or on the deer so it looks as if you were deer hunting w/out a lisence/tag to begin w/. we take our chances and the wardens usually have pretty good common sense and never a problem
Old 09-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen them go against Il. law but don't know if they were hunting here or not. BTW I did watch a show over the weekend and this guy made a horrible bow shot, right thruogh the hind quarter. He chalked it up to not sighting his bowonce he arrived at deer camp. Seems that should be the first thing a hunter would do.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:20 PM

I watch hunting shows almost everyday and have noticed some violations as well, but most likely they areeither on a ranch or private ground where the rules of that state do not apply. I think i heard them backing the truck up on one show to let the deer out so they could shoot it.... very unsportsman like.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see very few shows or videos where the hunters are wearing hunters orange. This includes your so called top professional hunters. This just goes to show that most of these "pros" are hunting on private ranches where any moron could take a trophy buck. Wadell, Primos, Kayser, Jordon, Potts, and the rest of the lot don't impress me in the least bit. I do Like Will Primos though. Even though he gets to hunt in the best places, he seems like a down to earth person. Do you ever see the hunters on The Bucks of Tecomote (sp?)and Whitetail Revolution wear orange? I was watching Tecomote the other night and Morris was saying how wild his whitetails were and how difficult it was "harvesting" one. Give me a break. If Jeff Foxworthy, who can't shoot straight, can continously kill big trophy bucks on these ranches, these bucks can't be too wild. I was watching an episode of Whitetail Revolution a while back. I don't remember whichguy was hunting. He cautiously crawled up into position to shoot a good buck. When walking up to his downed buck, not wearing orange, the camera made the mistake of capturing 10 or 12 deer curiously watching him as he retrieved his "wild" trophy. I better stop here. I could go on and on about these shows.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Hunter orange , HELL I ve seen the shooter go over to the downed animal and wave his gun twards both camera and guide .
Geeze, I no its exciting but keep your head on .....
Old 09-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Could have been in a pen or something. Not sure of the laws there.
None were in pens. All 3 hunts were for free range wild Deer. I won't even bother watching canned hunts on TV.Being on private property in no way excuses any of the violations i mentioned. All were techinally in violation of Illinois law.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kid,

I did notice a hunt that took place in IL....with the same thing! Can't recall who it was, knight and hale I believe.

They were in the gun season, with 1 or the other, ie a hat or vest, but not both, and I think the vest was blaze camo....which as we in IL know, blaze camo won't count!

So unless canned hunts have different rules.....yes I did notice some of that.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever noticed.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.