Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

never hunted

Old 08-31-2008, 11:21 PM

Default RE: never hunted

thanks so much for all the help yall
Old 09-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I highly suggest taking a Hunters SafetyCourse so you can learnabout handling a Firearm safely and then start your journey on learning the proper way to hunt and the ethical part of hunting also.Some Schools are introducing Archery into their programs and that would be a very good start in hunting also.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:02 PM

do yall know of anything cheaper?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: AJ12LAX

do yall know of anything cheaper?
Look for an archery shop near you. One that you can get to on your own if no one will help you. Now look for an archery shop near you that has any type of shooting range and see if they have league shoots and when they shoot.

If that is a bust then find out any where they are having 3-D shoots.

Now just go there and hang around all you can. When you meet some one friendly mention you are interested in hunting. Since you can't buy a gun and no one you know will help you are interested in hunting with archery equipment. Look on the notice board there for used archery equipment. Tell the shop owner your story and ask if he has any used archery equipment you could purchase to start out with.

If you don't come out of that with some type of bow and a few arrows to shoot, I'd be surprised.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Fork Horn

Austen,

Contact COA, kids are not turned away. Trips can appear expensive, but there is assitance with the cost.

Jake
Old 09-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JakeinTX

Austen,

Contact COA, kids are not turned away. Trips can appear expensive, but there is assitance with the cost.

Jake
They offer a scholarship program as well as a raffle ticket system where all the proceeds go towards your fee. Also Micheal's telephone # is on there and you can call him to find out what all options there are....Don't let the price scare you, this program is to get kids into hunting that other wise wouldn't have the chance....There are options but you might have to do a little foot work (like selling raffle tickets or something along those lines). Give Micheal a calland ask him what all options you have....
Old 09-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Everyone is right when they say you will be hooked!...im 17 and last year was my first year bowhunting... im counting down the days for bow season this year!!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

thaks yall. I live in Houston, TX. know of any organizations?
you can hunt in Sam Houston National Park which is just north of you and located in the Conroe area. It gets hunted pretty good during the rifle season, but if you can find a mentor, you have a decent place close by.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gangly

thaks yall. I live in Houston, TX. know of any organizations?
you can hunt in Sam Houston National Park which is just north of you and located in the Conroe area. It gets hunted pretty good during the rifle season, but if you can find a mentor, you have a decent place close by.
Gangly, where do you live? I figure you are close by if you know about that place....Ilive there in Montgomery, my property backs up to that forest. I hunted it when I was young but haven't hunted there in years....Just curious, there aren't too many Texas boys close by on this site...
Old 09-03-2008, 01:24 PM

I would also suggest that you do a search on the net for forums and message boards in the State of TX.... Try to find folks around the Houston, TX area , and make friends with them. Explain your situation, and perhaps you might meet a few people willing to help you out. Be it Bow or Gun hunting, a lot of guys would be willing to mentor someone, and introduce them to the sport. And when they get to know you, may let you borrow a gun or bow, or maybe help you to get one... There are a lot of possibilities..... and I know that here in Arkansas, we have several state websites, and I belong to one where I have found several other hunters around where I live... If I lived near you, I would help you out myself.... Be creative, and put a little effort into it... People are more willing to help, if you are willing to do some of the legwork yourself.

God Bless

MET

Quick Reply: never hunted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.