Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What would you say

Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What would you say

Good optics and hunting gear to take my son (and soon my daughter) along.

To the common senSe...with an "S" guy: I also have 2 guns that I bought from a family that sold everything they could sell after their 53 year old father became paralyzed from the waist down after a fall from a treestand. If you fall and become seriously injured or worse...I pray for your family (hopefully no kids) and that they don't turn out as dumb and arrogant as you are. Knock on wood every morning you head to woods sunshine....
Old 08-31-2008, 06:30 AM

Bullets[8D]
Old 09-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Plotmaster
Old 09-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Without a doubt,the greatest investment that I've ever made in my deer hunting was the day Irealized that to consistently kill BIG bucks....... I had to hunt where the BIG bucks live! I gave up on my own property in NC, Which has always had potential,but no QDM would work because I could not keep the poachers and dog hunters(sic)off the land.....So,I now concentrate all my deer hunting energy(and money)on quality midwestern outfitted hunts. Now,I take trophy class bucks every year and enjoy quality hunting experiences without the hassel...... Instead of spending my time and money scratching around for a place to hunt....I just write a check,show up and get in the stand. All the scouting and trail cam work has been done. Food plots are kept to a fair-the-well,and you just enjoy the hunt. BTW,these are all well managed,LOW FENCE operations with a proven track record of producing quality bucks year in and year out...... I am not an eletist. I'm just a guy who loves to deer hunt,and got tired of not seeing good bucks. I certainly have all the respect in the world for the guy who spends every spare moment working on improving his property(leased or owned)..... that was me ten years ago,and it just was'nt working. BTW,if the outfitters I hunt with were to ever catch you in a stand without a saftey harness,they'd ****** you off the property(without a refund I might add),and you would not be invited back. Best of luck this year to everybody.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: turkeyhunter85

climbing tree stands. never used a safety harness and never will. Use common sence and you won't fall out of a tree.
T.H. that statement is about as goofy as it gets ...Id MUCH rather have it and not need it as to need it and NOT have it ...wear a safty belt and live to enjoy a lot of years hunting ...it ONLY make good common sence.

dd
Old 09-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

Good equipment and good land. All the equipment i use is the best from my Mathews bow to my rifle. And having land that I can manage keeps me in the sport year round.

and to comment on: turkeyhunter85.
use a saftey vest!! I have fallen out of tree about 30 feet up because the CLIMBING TREE STAND broke. I weigh less then 200lbs and it was a lone wolf(which some say is the best). It still didnt change the fact the pin broke and i found the forest floor. Wouldnt have happened if I had a vest on! This happened about 6 to 7 years ago, before the saftey vest was out everywhere. Luckly i didnt get hurt to bad, I wear the Hunters saftey system now.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CupCake28

Is your best investment in deer hunting so far?
my rifle....the one piece of equipment i would not be able to hunt without
Old 09-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

4 wheeler.