Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Spike

Default EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with deer hunting. This past Thursday someone broke into my girlfriends house and cleaned her out. This happened in broad daylight. Thank God she was not home. I am posting this to both put everyone on alert and to ask for advice. Times are getting tougher and people are doing unheard of crimes and women most of the time the most vulnerable. PLEASE teach your wives, girlfriends, mothers, etc. how to shoot a handgun and protect themselves. My girlfriend is not a stranger to shooting a pistol but now she will not go into her own house without me present or until she purchases her own gun. I am pretty knowledgable about handguns but need advice on a high quality pistol for her to carry. She wants nothing smaller than a .40 cal and price is not an object when it comes to personal safety and reliability..........All comments welcome and hopefully this post will help others!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!

Glock is probably the most popular semi-auto pistol now. I would go to a large gun shop at a slow business time of day, so the salesman would have more time for her.Justfind one that fits her hand, light weight, reasonable cartridge price for practice rounds, etc. It would be good if you could find a professional that could give her a few lessons and arrange for her concealed weapons permit.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Spike

Sorry to hear about what happened to your girlfriend. Glad she is physically alright. I hope she can get past the mental part soon. I couldn't agree more with timbercruiser. Get her some place she can handle and shoot several handguns.
A glock is what I carry and is on my night stand. If she is set on .40 or larger you might want to have her look at the G36. IMHO it is an easier recoil to control than the .40.
Good luck!

BTW, I hope they catch the sorry POS that did this. I hate a thief!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps a snub nose S&W in 44 special.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Downsouth13

This has nothing to do with deer hunting. This past Thursday someone broke into my girlfriends house and cleaned her out. This happened in broad daylight. Thank God she was not home. I am posting this to both put everyone on alert and to ask for advice. Times are getting tougher and people are doing unheard of crimes and women most of the time the most vulnerable. PLEASE teach your wives, girlfriends, mothers, etc. how to shoot a handgun and protect themselves. My girlfriend is not a stranger to shooting a pistol but now she will not go into her own house without me present or until she purchases her own gun. I am pretty knowledgable about handguns but need advice on a high quality pistol for her to carry. She wants nothing smaller than a .40 cal and price is not an object when it comes to personal safety and reliability..........All comments welcome and hopefully this post will help others!!!!
The new Ruger 327 magnum looks real good for a lady.

It has a 32 caliber bullet.

Halfe the recoil of the 357 magnum, but the with same knock down power.

Its also good for a concealed carry gun.

JMHO

Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 AM

my girlfriend carries a Glock model 23 40.cal which is the midsize for the glock, but the Glock model 27 I do think is the sub-compact which is really awesome for women.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like to invest in big dogs
Old 08-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

I like to invest in big dogs
Me too....
Dobermans,German Sheppards if ya want get a Pitbull.
Dogs are fast and wirery when it comes to household invasions.And properly trained ones don't give up.
If the guy gets outta the house have the dog chase him down.
One for every member of the house.
And if ya want something else for piece of mind, get a stun gun.
Its very probablethat that bullet may stray through the wall andand into one of your own familly members.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well #1 having a handgun is not going to tell you if someone is awaiting you inside your home, or has been in your home. That is what a good alarm system does.

Even if I was armed I would not walk into my home if my alarm had went off. I'd call the cops and let them earn their pay and clear the house.

But other than that, I think Glocks tend to be a bit thick in the grip for most women. I like the quality and simplicity of a good revolver. Especially those holding 7 or 8 rounds of .38 which is very controllable.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

If she wants a pistol to carry on her I would recommend the Glock Models 23 or 27. Both are .40 caliber and are smaller then the Model 22. I am a law enforcement officer and the 22 is my duty weapon and I have shot both of the other models too. I personally like the Glock because they are a combat handgun and are very simple to operate and clean. I dont think the grip is to thick, I have small hands and they fit around grip find. The recoil can be a bit especially with the smaller guns, I personally didn't switch to the smaller weapons as my duty weapon because of the recoil our duty ammo in them. But then again our duty ammo is not the same stuff you can buy over the counter. You say she is not a stranger to shooting a pistol then she should be able to overcome the recoil issue.

If she wants a gun in the house and not to carry, I would recommend a .410 shotgun. It will take care of business in a house environment and not do much damage as far as going through every wall of the house and possibly endangering others. Just my opinion though.

I wish you the best, I also have had my house broken into during the day and I told the sheriff who responded that luckily I didn't come home during it as somebody would have been leaving in a body bag.

Quick Reply: EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.