Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-12-2003, 07:45 AM

Default RE: Military members, should they get special hunting privledges?

No. They shouldn' t have special hunt for military personel. Voluntary is just that, nobody forced them to go. If it were mandatory, that would be different. If someone joined the military to go hunting or fishing instead of the patriotic duties when they took the oath, that is a choice they will have to live with. It is kind of like some of the young military personel who were complaining a while back about going to war, saying that wasn' t the reason they joined the armed services. I am sorry they will go off to fight in a war, miss the hunting season, or any season in the outdoors and wish them luck and for God to look over them. But, the final word is that this is a choice they made, and I believe most understand this and have no problem with it.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:21 AM

I am retired military and I also have to say no to special hunts. If states want to give military personnel hunting rights without a license---that is great. On many of the bases I was stationed---there was restricted hunting to military only.

Having said that---my heart and prayers are with our men and women in uniform who are poised to go in harm' s way.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I support our troops fully but giving them an out of season hunt...NO. Breaks on license, guarunteed tags for ones that need drawn, stuff like that is fine, but no out of season hunting.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-12-2003, 10:31 AM

Let them hunt or fish without a license but not out of season..
Old 03-14-2003, 12:18 AM

I agree with most of you. NO out of season hunting...YES free license and tags. Being a former Army man myself, I got to fish in some pretty cool places and probably would not have taken up hunting if not for being in the Army.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let' s look at a quick situation of hunting out of season...A member of the Armed Forces decides to go deer hunting before being deployed overseas...and it' s June...What is he/she supposed to shoot, a doe and a couple of fawns, or a buck that still carrying a small velvet rack. Just thinking of that scenerio along with the fact that our hunting seasons are set for specific reasons, game mgmt, etc, tell me this would not be a good idea. Allow them to hunt/fish in their home state or where they are stationed without having to buy a license would certainly be fine with me. Outside of that.....I don' t think so.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:53 AM

I' m neither for or against. But I believe that some restrictions should be implaced on where the military should be allowed out of season. Having not been in the military I am not sure of the restrictions on military bases or reservation but I believe that the general public usually is not allowed to hunt on these sites. Therefore, I think that this is the proper place to allow these Military members to hunt; the government can police them and they would not affect the seasons states set up for hunting on public or private lands. If they are Military, then keep them on Military land.
Does this make sense?
Old 03-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Russ otten This Does NOT make sense. No matter who owns the land. Read the post by Jimmy S above.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:56 PM

I don' t think they should be allowed to hunt out of season. Besides, they' ll
be hunting Irackies pretty soon. Go get em boys!!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.