HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Quick Poll: Favorite Deer Camp Beverage (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/257592-quick-poll-favorite-deer-camp-beverage.html)

TJD 08-13-2008 07:52 PM

Quick Poll: Favorite Deer Camp Beverage

Recently, a non-hunting friend of mine (okay, I'llconfess to having a couple of friends who don't hunt) was rehashing the old stereotype of hunting camp being filled with drunks. I went on to explain that his view was just that: a stereotype.

But I will admit that I know a few folks, including myself, who do enjoy kicking back with the boys and having a few after the hunt while telling stories of the days hunt, relating the tale of the one that got away, or how peeved we were that we did not see any deer. During such interludes, I think I've seen every type of beverage imbibed: beer, whiskey, brandy, Mountain Dew, Coke...even an odd Mr. Pibb and once a martini!

So let's hear it: what is your favorite post-hunt hunting camp beverage? If beer, whiskey, or some other fortified drink, what is your brand of choice?

nchawkeye 08-13-2008 08:18 PM

RE: Quick Poll: Favorite Deer Camp Beverage

Tell your non-hunting friend to come down here to NC and hunt with me for a week...
Last year we killed 46 deer, 18 in one week...You can't skin and drink at the same time...

Tell him I need a skinner....:D

I'm 52...Don't drink much at all anymore...I'll drink maybe 2 six packs of beer a year...
When it comes to whiskey....I drink George Dickel, white lable...I buy it by the half
gallon...The one I have stashed away down in the basement is over 2 years old, it's
got another year in it....

Nimrodder 08-13-2008 08:43 PM

Sam Adams Octoberfest beer is my favorite.

MichaelT. 08-13-2008 09:14 PM

With meals -- iced tea

Otherwise -- coffee / hot chocolate.

TRACKER 08-13-2008 09:33 PM

Most anything non alchoholic .
Unless the hunt is over and we have one hanging .
Then we have a Mich. Lite ......[8D]

Steven McBee 08-13-2008 09:44 PM

lemonade or hot chocalate

bowtech.tribute 08-13-2008 09:46 PM

A COLD BEER

TJD 08-13-2008 09:49 PM

Mine is cold beer...Busch Light

2 Lunger 08-13-2008 10:03 PM