Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 True Opinions on Hunting Shows! >

True Opinions on Hunting Shows!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

True Opinions on Hunting Shows!

Old 08-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Spike

Default True Opinions on Hunting Shows!

How do you guys feel about the hunting shows that are on television now? Are they serving the purpose that they were designed to do which is to spread knowledge and inform people about hunting or are they now just advertising tools where high profiled hunters promote products and boast about kills?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: True Opinions on Hunting Shows!

i like em depends on the show i just dont like the commercials constantly the only thing i dont like about the shows is when they show the animal die i dont mind them showing the hit without it the show would be stupid it isnt always like that in some cases its a drop dead kill or a runaway in the woods and find kill personally i dont mind watching the animals die cause i see it all the time when i go hunting it doesnt bother me its just the impression it makes on others (non hunters) i was watching a hunting show one time and they shot a bull elk it ran down the hill started rolling on its back struggling and some of my relatives couldnt bear it they turned their heads away from the tv didnt mind it but i just thought about the impact it would make on a anti hunter or a animal lover to see it and it would make them think were heartless killers (which were not) as i said its doesnt bother me they just dont have to record it for the sake of watchers of the show just my opinion..........oh and nice to see somebody from Louisiana on huntingnet! i hunt inRuston Louisianabut live inSouth Louisiana
Old 08-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

All of the above. Personally I watch a lot of them and enjoy them. On the other hand I don't watch golf, baseball or basketball. Just a preference. They all are selling something, and withoutadvertisements there are no shows of any kind.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

I watch a lot of the shows and enjoy it. I just enjoy hunting and this time of year I have to watch it since I can't hunt anything yet. Eastman's is my favorite as well as a few others. I think most of them are selling products and most are guided hunts where someone else does the work and the hunters show up for the shot. Thats the biggest thing I don't like. Not very many DIY type shows like the majority of most hunters. All the animals most hunters harvest mean more to them than those on the hunting shows since we do it ourselves.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

IMO advertising has really taken over. They are entertaining, but no longer informative nor realistic for the average hunter. Other than travel from outfitter to outfitter and do commercials, it seems like they really don't do all that much.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Most are CRAP .... a few are good..... But yes, todays shows are geared to be a 30 minute commercial...

I shot that triple T ranch 12 pt. buck with a Remington super duper high power deer whopper 9000 and I couldn't have asked the Winchester magnum sliver tip boat tail bone breakers to have done a better job. I wasn't sure he was a shooter till I got a good look at him thanks to my Zeiss ultra clear 12 x 68 armor coated binos..... And when I picked him up in my Bushnell Cornfield ready range finder and seen he was only 641 yards away, well heck ..... I knew I had me a dandy, if I did my part. Thank goodness I had on my Scent away shirt and britches, so he couldn't wind me.... He was starting to get a little nervous as it was....

Hey Jim Bob ... pull that polarace big time 1500 cc quad over here and lets load him up.... Whew , Thanks goodness I got that Load-em-up lift assist attachment on there.... this bad boy has to go 500 pounds and I couldnt load a deer without it......

Makes me want to puke.....

MET

Old 08-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Spike

MichaelT, that has to be one of the funniest post that I have read thus far! That is so true...
Old 08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

ABSOLUTELY 100% TRUE!

98% of them are just a 30 minute crappy infomercial.

MT, you forgot to mentionour ultra light weight titanium and carbon fiber treestand that is so airweight that you were able to climb into that ultra skyscraping tree so you could use those Zeiss armor coated binos to see that deer at 641 yards. Forget again and we might have to pull our sponsorship.

I do enjoy Eastmans quite a bit. Those guys actually hunt public landon that show.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bayou_buckslayer

oh and nice to see somebody from Louisiana on huntingnet! i hunt inRuston Louisianabut live in North Louisiana
There are several of us here and Ruston is in north Louisiana.I hunt 25 miles north of Ruston on my propertyin Lillie, which is only 6 miles from the Arkansas line. To answer the original question, I'm getting a little tired of the deer hunting shows and vids. I do still like to watch Primos. I enjoy watching turkey hunting shows now more than deer hunting shows because turkey hunting has become my favorite. The shows have become too trophy oriented and commercialized for my tastes. These guys and galshuntat the top deer ranchesand clubs in the country, and make it looklike they really accomplished something. Anyone can kill the trophy deer they kill. All you need is $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Spike

Lousiana is getting deep on here. I hunt down in Clinton and St. Francisville near Baton Rouge. I just acquired 400 acres up north in Farmerville...... Hunting shows are no longer informative. A person who is new to hunting can't learn from these new shows...

Quick Reply: True Opinions on Hunting Shows!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.