Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

trail cameras

Old 08-07-2008, 09:41 PM

Default RE: trail cameras

I would much rather have one of my 100 - 200 $$$ Moultries stolen than a 400 - 500$$$ Cuddyback.

The Moultries will do everything you want them to.... The prints may not be good enough to publish in a magazine, but they will show you what youwant to know...

I have been using the Moultrie flash units, but I am starting to try the IR models.... But as stated above.... every brand will have some lemons ... if you get a lemon, take it back and get another one by exchange. That is what I have done....

And yes, they do get stolen ... a lot of them do. I lost one last year.

MET

Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love the moultries for the price and also the quality of the pictures are very good. but the 3 moultries that i own have all given me trouble from not taking pictures to the flashes going out. i bought 2 cuddlebacks and so far have had no trouble with them
Old 08-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

moultrie ! i have two and have had problems[minor] with both but for my budget they do the job very well .i have one D-40 now and i'm buying two more next week.the D-40 uses D-cell batteries and i'm using rechargable ones
the rechargable ones are expensive but will be cheaper in the long run.
moultrie sells a solar charger that plugs into the D-40 also.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have used Moultrie, Stealth and Non-Typical in my day and they all worked great.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:38 AM

thanks for all the input. i am definitely getting a camera this season! if anyone else has thoughts, please keep going.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Spike

Like IL-Cornfedsaid save your money and get a Reconyx RC-60. Best camera I have seen. If you don't want to spend that much I would go with the new Scout Guard SG550.1 sec trigger speed and vedio to. I have both & just love them both. Both have fast trigger speed & long battery life.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

A faster trigger speed is great to have, butI love my Stealth and see no need to change because of what some may like or dislike. I also like the burst mode Stealth gives that more than makes up for about the 2 and a half second delay.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

jeff,

this is my 8th year using trail cameras. I've tried cameras from just about every manufacturer. the camera i was the most disappointed with is the cuddeback no-flash. my favorite is the moultrie i-60 and i-40. I've literally owned dozens of cameras. stealth are ok, but they suck batteries. i got real sick of bringing 3 12v 8ah batteries (5 pounds??? each) out in the woods with me every couple weeks. moultries are excellent on batteries.

Here's a combination of 4 recent video's i've gotten with my i-60's.

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x158/rackluster/Misc/?action=view&current=trailcamvideos.flv

good luck!
Old 08-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am not sure about videos yet but I have been using my Stealth Prowler for about 3 months on the same batteries. I am planning on purchasing the external battery pack for it some time though. I haven't had any problems with it to date and I have a few pics in the trail camera forum though if you wish to check them out..

I've literally owned dozens of cameras. stealth are ok, but they suck batteries. i got real sick of bringing 3 12v 8ah batteries (5 pounds??? each) out in the woods with me every couple weeks.
Are you for real man? Mine only takes 2 c cells and as stated above they have been in it for roughly 3 months without any issues. I also have videomode (90 seconds each)that I haven.t tried out yet. I am currently using no flash mode but can set it to flash as well if I so wished to.. I can shoot up to 9 pics in burst mode without any delay once the first 2.5 second delay is done. 5 megapixels in daylight and 2 mega pixels in IR mode at night that has been taking some pretty clear pics..
Old 08-10-2008, 04:11 PM

thanks for all the help. Rackluster, that video clip was really cool. i think i will now have a good idea how to trim the possibilities.

Quick Reply: trail cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.