HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   When to set mock scrapes? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/256342-when-set-mock-scrapes.html)

cynikalHC 08-06-2008 08:36 AM

When to set mock scrapes?

This will be the first time for me to make and hunt a mock scrape. Any pointers and time frame as to when I should make it?

arrow2512 08-06-2008 04:54 PM

RE: When to set mock scrapes?

HC- I like to put a mock scrape out when the pre-rut starts to kick in , somtime i'll put a buck lure in or a little doe urine in to see what happens .If i have a buck come in the next morn to chack it i'll put a little more in the evening to see if it bring him back the next morn.

Dampland 08-06-2008 07:04 PM

I start making my mock scrapes in late September in Wisconsin. I put trail cameras on them, and get pretty good responses up until the end of November. (Though during the gun season they are mostly at night)

CamoCop 08-07-2008 12:57 PM

i'm making them now and getting buck pic's from my game cam which is hung over them.

BrownBow33 08-07-2008 06:20 PM

cynikalHCI dont mean to intrude on your post but I would also like to know of some scents that should be used on a scrape. Doe or buck urine etc. Ive never made or hunted a mock scrape either and would like to know a little more on it. I do have a drip bag that I bought last year that would probably be good to put over it.

cynikalHC 08-08-2008 08:07 AM

no intrusion there. The more info the marrier!!

Dampland 08-11-2008 07:07 PM

Regarding Scents .......... I actually pee in my mock scrapes. No kidding. I get many, many bucks, large and small that investigate the mock scrapes.

arrow2512 08-11-2008 08:07 PM

I alsoforgot to mention i rattle and grunt during the pre-rut .After i put my urine in the mock scrape[doe or buck] i clime in my stand wait for the sun to come up and at the point where i can see my pin on my bow i start to rattle , i do that for about 15-20 seconds then i look around to see oe hear if anything is coming in then i start to grunt about4-5 times then wait for atleast half and hour then start over again. But remember to always check down wind of you because most buck will be coming in for that direction , they will be checking the wind for a doe that is in heat .

UCupFullOfShizznit 08-11-2008 09:00 PM

8lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O:
^ ^ ^
Penis Jizz You
[align=left] [/align]

RuLzU 08-12-2008 02:35 AM

how do you "make" the mock scrapes? do you use a rake or something?