Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What kind of bait hve you guys tried? >

What kind of bait hve you guys tried?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What kind of bait hve you guys tried?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Spike

Default What kind of bait hve you guys tried?

Would like to lure deer to my cams and I am trying out alfalfa pellets and oats this week. What bait has worked well for you guys, and do you think there is something better? The wood lot I'm hunting is surrounded by corn and soya crops so I want to try something different like a delicacy
I live in eastern canada.
Thanks
Elmer [/align]
Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Spike

Default RE: What kind of bait hve you guys tried?

I've used Buck Jam and it works really good down here but success varies from area to area

Old 08-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

Vita Rack 26 works good for me. iam also trying deer cane now. Minirals are probably your best bet.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:38 AM

I have a mineral block in front of my camera and the bucks do visit it, but nothing works as good as corn in my book. Every week when I change the camera card, I throw out some corn. My deer sightings on camerago WAY up for the first two days and then trickle off when the corn is gone.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:51 AM

50 lB bag of whole kernal corn spread over a 6 x 6 area with a 5.5 lb bag of Acorn Rage sprinkled over the top of the corn in a light coating. I swear I think the dear treat this bait like a pileof fresh white oak acorns. I've posted this earlier in the week on another thread. I will make a beleiver out of some before its over -- the ones who try it!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

The best by far pictures of bucks I have ever had is simple. Just find the largest scrape in the area you can and mount your camera 20 or so feet away and leave it alone, check it in 3 or more weeks.Several years ago I had 21 different bucks in a weeks time over a community scrape. Corn will get a lot of pictures, mostly of crows, squirrels, coyotes, rats, armadillos, turkeys, coonsand every other critter in the woods. Last year in one weeks time I had close to 1200 pictures on a camera over a corn pile, most of them were the critters, with 3 or 4 good pictures of bucks.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

None. Baiting is illegal here[&o]. But if I were you I might try corn
Old 08-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

I typically place my cameras at mineral sites where I use Trophy Rock.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:15 PM

its not really baiting, but my grandpa planted apple trees, 5 of them on one of his plots, this one on43 acres - and the deer cant get enough of them. my dad put a trail cam near it, about 20 feet, and we got 60 pics of deer in 9 days after the tree bloomed and bore fruit

-another thing that works after the apples are on the tree, is taking a few and juicing them and putting some of that in a bucket at the base of the tree ur cam is on, and the pictures u get are incredible
Old 08-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bubba123

its not really baiting, but my grandpa planted apple trees, 5 of them on one of his plots, this one on43 acres - and the deer cant get enough of them. my dad put a trail cam near it, about 20 feet, and we got 60 pics of deer in 9 days after the tree bloomed and bore fruit

-another thing that works after the apples are on the tree, is taking a few and juicing them and putting some of that in a bucket at the base of the tree ur cam is on, and the pictures u get are incredible
yeah im tryin tofind some old apples to put where i want to hunt

Quick Reply: What kind of bait hve you guys tried?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.