Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Neighbor Problems...

Old 07-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Neighbor Problems...

I think you can talk til you're blue in the face. Heck there wasn't even a response to your Father's going over there so I think you have to move to the next step.

I imagine when you call the cops, by the time they get there he ain't gonna be standing there still shooting so, because I see this becoming a he said/he said thing............

get the video camera rolling on EP and just keep taping and taping and taping. Eventually he'll do his part, maybe when you're not even home.

Thesedays. that is how most folks get caught doing things they shouldn't be doing - video.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 PM

I dont see how you can do anything.................. I mean is he shooting at your house, 100 ft away is relatively safe for birdshot........ what the problem as long as he is not firing buckshot at your house what the big deal.
If he is not within a city limits in GA it is legal to discharge a firearm when ever you want....... so unless he is raining on your house he is probally within his rights.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mottz idea is a good one, seriously. But then you might have some little pecker "sidekick" wanting to go hunting with you every day, and probably even going on your property without you knowing because he thinks he's got your permission. If only you were a minor, you could beat the brakes off him. Punks like that need a beating.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If state firearm laws state that you can't discharge a weapon within 600' of a dwelling then get some photographic/video evidence, call the cops and when the kid and his father have to go to court, pay fines get their hunting privleges revoked and get the shotgun confiscated maybe they'll figure out you were serious.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mottz

Would you call him a friend? If so,and I'm just throwing this out there, what if you woul ask him if he is interested in hunting? Maybe he hasn't had the guidance in the sport of it. Just gone out and shot birds. If he could see the gratification you get out of it then maybe, just maybe you might get him to respect what you are doing and what you are asking of him. Never know, he could become a hunting companion.
x2
Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

How big a boy is he? After asking nice, if he didn't comply, I'd catch him in the road and whip his @$$.
Pretty stupid suggestion.
1 - he is 16 - youth
2 - often the whippor becomes the whiped
3 - not how life works - it wil most likely backfire in someway
4 - repeat stupid.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Spike

First comes bird shot then comes 22 ,what comes after that?Video every thing.Law enforcement officers can be legally held responisble for their inactions too.Law enforcement officers are bound by law to do their jobs.Document everything. Takenames of everyone you talk to .Make photo copies of any paper work you send.Paper work has a tendency of getting "lost".Don't give up because nobody is notdoing anything.He is 16 and a juvenilein some states that "accidently " kills someone will be walking the streets in 15-20 years while you or a familiy member are dead.If you have talked to this kid and he continues, do not listen to the liberals,he is 16 and knows right from wrong.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Spike

From the Arkansas Game and Fish Commision regulations book:

To shoot within 150 yards of a residence, using firearms, you must have written permission from the owner or occupant. For archery, you must have written permission to shoot within 50 yards of a residence. Written permission is not required of the landowner or members of their family on the landowner’s property.

It is illegal to shoot across, from or within 100 feet of the centerline of any city, county, state or federally maintained road (see exceptions below).[*]Exception 1: Trappers may use legal firearms to harvest animals caught in legally set foothold and Conibear (body-gripping) traps[*]Exception 2: Licensed/permitted falconers may hunt with and trap birds of prey in accordance with state and federal falconry regulations. [/ul]
Old 07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mottz

Would you call him a friend? If so,and I'm just throwing this out there, what if you woul ask him if he is interested in hunting? Maybe he hasn't had the guidance in the sport of it. Just gone out and shot birds. If he could see the gratification you get out of it then maybe, just maybe you might get him to respect what you are doing and what you are asking of him. Never know, he could become a hunting companion.
Thats what I was thinking, maybe get him into bow hunting, then you both would have 10 acres to hunt.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 PM

CB,
What state do you live in? Like many have said, there should be a law or ordnance regarding discharging a firearm with in a safe distance. Do you know for certain he is harassing you intentionally? If so, that should be against the law as well. That's to bad that your game warden offers no help. I would call his boss and if that still doesn't work call your state police. Wouldn't hurt getting a video of it too. Hopefully, once Daddy has to pay a fine, he'll do the beating for you! Good luck.

Quick Reply: Neighbor Problems...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.