HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Scopes: Quality/Good Price??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/255221-scopes-quality-good-price.html)

trkyhntr247 07-30-2008 01:27 PM

Scopes: Quality/Good Price???

Scopes: Quality/Good Price???
[hr]

After alot of thought and thinking of hunting oppurtunities that may come up; Lats night I got myself a CVA Optima Elite Combo, 2bbls One .50cal Muzzleloader and the other in .270.

Now Im lookin at scope options for both barrels with out breakin the bank, I still have another rifle I need to buy for the lil woman.
.50 cal scope??
.270 scope??
Thanks[/align]

Bubba123 07-30-2008 01:46 PM

RE: Scopes: Quality/Good Price???

well with a 50 cal muzzleloader, im assuming its an inline, maximum range is not far enough to rule out the good ol' bushnell 7 power scope

Bubba123 07-30-2008 01:47 PM

but if you are using the muzzleloaders with the open hammer and whatnot, max range is drastically decreased, and in that case, i like peep sights...its all in what you prefer

timbercruiser 07-30-2008 02:11 PM

Best value in a very nice scope is the Bushnell 4200 Elite 3x9x40 with Rainguard, you can still find for about $250.

bugsNbows 07-30-2008 03:02 PM

What Timber said. That's a very good scope at a great price.

Snook384 07-30-2008 03:26 PM

You should buy a scope of equal value to the gun or up to twice the price. Good optics will give you that last shot at the last minute. It blows my mind to see a 700 dollar rifle with an 80 dollar scope. When you think of the thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars you invest in making ONE shot to connect on a hunt, be it elk, moose or a hog. Optics are MORE important than caliber, grain of bullet, or how pretty the damn wood is.

Buy a GOOD scope.

trophy hunter 07-30-2008 03:33 PM

i just put a nikon prostaff on my omega so far i really like it.

MichaelT. 07-30-2008 04:21 PM

Buckmaster 3-9x40, Nikoplex, Matte

$184.00

Buy 2 of these.... I own several ( in larger magnifications ) and they are great. You cant beat the price.... and the above is a clickable link.

MET

nksmfamjp 07-30-2008 04:23 PM

Yea, it really depends what you want. For the price and effective range of the 50/270, that looks like a good scope choice. As step up, I think the Zeiss Conquest 3-9 rarely has a complaint.

millagerobert 07-30-2008 05:41 PM

The burris scopes are great for the money, and have been tough as nails for me so far. The ballistic plex recticle really helps with the longer shots with a little practice. If you can afford their higher end black diamond and euro diamond they are hard to beat, but the fullfiields will work well also.