Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Its good to know they lasted last season >

Its good to know they lasted last season

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Its good to know they lasted last season

Old 07-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Its good to know they lasted last season

Where im from if you let one of those walk in a couple weeks you will see him in the back of someone elses truck ...[&:]
Old 08-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Doesn't look like he's got the genetics to be a monster with those crab claws anyways.
You can't tell ANYTHING of a bucks genetic potential by a first year rack.
That's what I like about this website, we all can have different opinions and nobody bashes each other about them. Parts of the country may vary too. Where Rybo hunts deer may have better Genetics. Where I hunt in Michigan, you can tell on a 1 1/2 old buck if he is going to keep a basket rack or grow to some great potential. Some of the guys Ive hunted have hunted the land were on for 30 years and watched different bucks as years went on. After watching different deer for years they are pretty good at judging deers potential. I've just picked learned from them along the way on which deer to take out. It may be way different for you guys on your land, in my experience on the land I hunt, this looks like a deer they would want us to take. Don't mean to butt heads here, just speaking from my experience. Other properties around the country may be the complete opposite.

Well, I guess we can agree to disagree about this one.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:42 PM

illinois is awesome...always let the little ones walk here-but in VA i have no idea