Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to stop chiggers?

Old 07-31-2008, 02:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How to stop chiggers?

Hey.. Im Greek so i'll give you my remedy..
WINDEX
hahahah
for those of you that get that joke.. i had to post.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: millagerobert

I hate those bugs and snakes you guys have to put up with in the south. We have a few ticks early in the spring, but in the country I hunt the only things that bite are the wolves, bears, and cougars, and for some reason they don't creep me out as bad as the bugs and snakes of the south. I never seen so many ticks and snakes as I encountered when in Virginia, you couldn't pay me enough to walk through the tall grass in the area I was in.
try coming further south. Florida is by far the worst state for insects and snakes since we have a sub tropical climate. we are lucky to get 3 freezes a year, which kill off most of these critters in northern climates. our skeeters, ticks, red bugs and snakesare far worse than anywhere else in the U.S.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:20 AM

BTW, acetone polish remover also helps with fire ant bites if you get into a mess of those nasty things. Wait until a bump rises on the bites, then pop them and rub the remover liberally over the area. It stings a little.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Spike

They look like ticks .Thats what we call them in my area
Old 07-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: pigiron

ORIGINAL: NightFire

Chiggers arepretty rare in the north.

Nightfire, how north are you?

I always considered NJ north, but I guess your farther upyet.Hell,...you can't escape chiggers here. I've had chiggers all of my damn life!

I'm in Arkansas for now. I moved here from Michigan and was in Washington before that.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate bugs. Thanks for the info guys. Sitting in -30 this year will seem more comfortable knowing I don't have to worry about them little suckers.lol
Old 08-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Fork Horn

jeez.. no1 thouse the WINDEX whats funny.. from the movie BIG FAT GREET WEDDING? that movie was hilarious.. thought you guys would get that... err... guess not..
Old 08-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

Though we might call them something different up north and I don't want to sound dumb but what type of insect is a chigger?
If a chigger were the size of a tick, it would kill ya.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: adirondackhunter

They look like ticks .Thats what we call them in my area
They are not ticks! We have plenty of those too!

If you want an image or size comparison of a chigger in relation to a tick, GOOGLE "Harvest mite" . That is the common name for chiggers or red bugs.

If you see a chigger, it's too late. They are smaller than fruit flies or knats.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have two ways that have worked. One, go to walmart and buy some permanone spray. IT WORKS and if you spray it on your clothes the night before like it says it will not have an oder. The second way, and im only saying this because i will never see any of you LOL is panty hose. i know it sounds crazy but think about it. they cover your feet and go all the way up to your waste. tuck your shirt in and it will work. Just dont let your hunting buddies find out

Quick Reply: How to stop chiggers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.