HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   ACORN RAGE? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/254689-acorn-rage.html)

bmtaylor6 07-27-2008 01:05 PM

ACORN RAGE?

Any luck with this product. I have been very skeptical in the past, but the reviews on Cabelas.com and Basspro.com are all Excellent. I heard the best thing to do is to mix it with corn and keep it dry. Also, if used by itself below an annually producing white oak for early bowseason -- is this illegal in the state of Georgia?

Got this pic on July 10th on a Salt Lick site. Nice Georgia Deer.

Edcyclopedia 07-27-2008 06:43 PM

RE: ACORN RAGE?

Can't answer your question, but have to comment on that awesome Buck!
It reaks character, he's awesome!!!!:)

buckbustinbryan 07-27-2008 11:24 PM

Ive always wondered the same thing about acorn rage. i see it everytime i go down the hunting section at wal-mart and ive never heard anything real good about it besides from tv or magazines. I would like to figure out but cant use it where i hunt in South Carolina lol.

shamlin 07-27-2008 11:33 PM

Man I love the wat the brow tines stick up past the G2s. I would say that what ever you are doing seems to be working. Nice deer right there.

jmccoy_77 07-28-2008 01:25 AM

I'm sure deer would like it, but I'd be surprised if they were drawn to it as much as they make out on t.v. Probably like any other attractant...works great sometimes, and sometimes not at all. Too expsensive for me to find out!

bmtaylor6 07-28-2008 07:02 AM

Appreciate the comments on the buck. I'm hoping to catch him in the daylight! Here is another pic of a different buck we call "Pinky" with a HUGE body.

GR8RALLY 07-28-2008 07:12 AM

Great looking bucks!

As for acorn rage, haven't tried since I used Games Nations other product, Weekend Success I believe? Anyway, the deer in my area didn't even touch the stuff, sat for days undisturbed. I would be in my observation stand trying to take photo's, deer would not come to it? When I hunt, I'm lucky enough to at least have a hugh moster of a red oak that is very productive. Wish I had white oaks, I'd really be happy!

kevin1 07-28-2008 12:29 PM

Tried some last year to lure them in front of my game cam, got plenty of pics of squirrels but no deer.

WKP Todd 07-28-2008 12:55 PM

Regardless of how it works, I won't support ANY companies that support or hunt high-fence - which these guys do!

bmtaylor6 07-28-2008 01:52 PM

Yea - not any high fence outfitters here in Georgia. But, I definently would not want to support any companies like that if I was previously aware of it.