HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/254489-whats-best-way-lure-not-so-dominant-bucks-lots-does.html)

hoosierbuckslayer 07-25-2008 10:18 PM

What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does?

I hunt an area where theres alot of decent bucks there just not very dominant. And theres way to many does but i can never get them in bow range. Whats the best way to get them in range?:)

stabnslab_WI 07-25-2008 10:24 PM

RE: What's the best way to lure in not so dominant bucks and lots of does?

Lots of does and bucks but you can't get any in range. I would try washing your cloths in scent a way.

MichaelT. 07-25-2008 11:22 PM

Food ..... does go to the food, and the bucks follow the does. Travel routes to the food are prime places to pick off does and bucks that are a bit less weary than older more mature and dominant bucks.

From that, scent control and stand placement. Don't set up directly on their trails, but rather just off of them. And use the prevailing winds to your advantage.

White-tail-deer 07-26-2008 12:07 PM

Find a funnel area where the deer need to cross. You could also look for an area where several trailsintersect.

WKP Todd 07-26-2008 03:55 PM

Too many guys expect that they have to bring them in. Set-up to allow yourself a shot. Don't be afraid of moving in on deer you see. That's how you kill them!

TimberCreek 07-26-2008 05:10 PM

Go to acreek bed or sit on a fence row!

blackjeep04 07-26-2008 05:14 PM

Feeders. Start feeding early in the year and they will go where the food is. O and corn is there choice.

USFWC 07-26-2008 08:17 PM

Have an aerial and topo you can post for us?

squireboy 07-26-2008 10:29 PM

Everyone has already given you excellent advice. All I can say is......Get in a good travel funnel, control your scent, and set your standwith the knowledge in mind of the bucks patternsyou gain fromscouting. Most of the rest is just luck in my book.

whitetaildreamer 07-27-2008 08:48 AM

A fawn bleat can also assist.