HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Shot a buck the last day last year...saved its urine (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/254009-shot-buck-last-day-last-year-saved-its-urine.html)

City Slicker 07-22-2008 08:48 PM

Shot a buck the last day last year...saved its urine

Its been in the freezer....Can or Should I use it for anything?

shamlin 07-22-2008 08:55 PM

RE: Shot a buck the last day last year...saved its urine

ORIGINAL: City Slicker

Its been in the freezer....Can or Should I use it for anything?
In my experience synthetic urine is just as effective as a cover than the real thing. In some cases some brands are even more concentrated than real urine and gives off a scent for longer distances.
I mean if it still smell like piss use it, but really the only benefit in my opinion is you are saving yourself the price of some tinks or any other brand.

gbrownlee 07-23-2008 08:44 AM

I think it will work better than tinks. I think human urine works better than tinks! My only experiences with tinks are the ones where the deer run away. Give it a try.

whitetaildreamer 07-23-2008 09:30 AM

Up here it is illegal to use it. I used to save the tarsil glands (sorry about spelling) but a few years back the gov. made that illegal also. Only synthetic products are allowed.

City Slicker 07-23-2008 09:58 AM

didn't even think it might not be legal. I'll have to check here in Western NY.

I can't imagine it would keep for very long after it thaws.

bigtim6656 07-23-2008 10:45 AM

ant most store bought scent just deer piss

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

Up here it is illegal to use it. I used to save the tarsil glands (sorry about spelling) but a few years back the gov. made that illegal also. Only synthetic products are allowed.

quiksilver 07-23-2008 11:19 AM

I microwave the frozen urine back to body-temperature, then slather it all over my face, ears, ass and armpits. It works great.

Jimmy S 07-23-2008 11:53 AM

I would ask myself; Do I think it will introduce a foreign smell into the deer woods?
If I think that answer may be yes, my decision would be not to use it

That being said, I cannot see how a natural product from the deer itself, would make me think it would
decrease my chances. So, yes, I would try it out.

bigtim6656 07-23-2008 11:53 AM

:D:D:D:D

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I microwave the frozen urine back to body-temperature, then slather it all over my face, ears, ass and armpits. It works great.

CamoCop 07-23-2008 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver