Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent-Lok or not?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent-Lok or not?

NO!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get a scent killer kit or a large pack of each product.
use them all wash your clothes in the right soap
use the spray.
Hunt the wind and your golden
ORIGINAL: PutnamHonigford

I am a new bow hunter and just resently purchased a parker side-kick xp and did not no if scent-lok was needed?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Before scent lok started paying huge dollars to advertise Deer and deer hunting had an article on how and why Baking soda was the best stuff you could use.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Putnam.....zip it up to the neck.... then fart.......then get back to us....tee hee
Old 07-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

THANKS FOR YOUR OPINONS
Old 07-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Ill agree .We as hunters are always getting ripped off by the so called professional hunters. Its just another monopoly if you as me. For years guys used baking soda to clean there hunting cloths or a good scent free wash. Well I started bowhunting when I was 11 years old and Im 30 now an I bought a scentlock leafy suit 3 years ago and its not worth the money to have one if you ask me. clean cloths and some scentaway spray does work if you like but .I always took some kind of deer scent and hang it on a limb near me and I have had deer within 5 yards of me and not care. Well dont break your budget with all the products out there keep it simple and enjoy the passthru's .
Old 07-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

here is my scent control routine:

when my hunting clothes are not being worn, i keep them tied up in a non scented plastic trash bag. the night before my hunt, i wash all of my hunting clothes (including under wear and socks) in scent free UV killer detergent (Scent A Way brand). i also use the dryer sheets that make your clothing smell like dirt (also Scent A Way). once my clothes are done, i immediately take them outside and hang them on my porch. when i wake up the morning of my hunt, i shower using Scent A Way shampoo and body wash. prior to getting dressed i use Scent A Way deoderant. i then walk outside on my porch and get dressed. i also always fuel my truck up and load all my gear the day/night before my hunt. i drive straight to the woods not stopping. once in the woods and parked, i exit my truck and get my gear ready that i tote to my stand. i spray down with scent killer (Scent A Way) just before leaving my truck and walking to my stand.

i have no preference to what brand of scent eliminator/killer i use because they are virtually all the same. Scent A Way is just what my local Wal Mart stocks. hope this routine helps someone. by the way, i filled my freezer last year with 4 deer (3 bucks and 1 doe) and passed on a bunch more. i am contemplating on buying another deep freezer this year.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

oh i forgot to mention. my hunting clothes consist of Redhead Micro Lite shirt and pants in Realtree APG camo. Scent Lok/Scent Blocker will never see a dime of mine. since i have been faithfully doing the above described routine, i have NEVER been busted by a deer. i have had deer stand under my tree and look up at me knowing something wasn't quite right but they never spooked. they carried on browsing and meandering through the woods.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

WOW!
Only one real reply in favor of Scent loc...
I was wondering if it was really worth what they were asking....
Guess thats a big" NO"
I won't be buying any soon..
Old 08-01-2008, 11:56 PM

It prob dont help buti bought into itanyway andit isgreat and comfortable camo

Quick Reply: Scent-Lok or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.