Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Doodie

Old 07-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Spike

Default RE: Deer Doodie

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

My wife was right. I am just sitting online all day talking about crap.
HA - thats a good one.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Taste like vanilla - doe, taste like chocolate - buck.......
It all tastes like...crap!!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

The larger piles, stuck together are from a buck...
thats hog wash. ive tracked and killed almost all my deer accept a few w/ a bow and i have tracked deer for other ppl and double team tracked w/ my dad and fallowed him since i could walk tracking big bucks and ive seen big pellets small pellets clumped pellets loose pellets from all sorts of different size bucks and does and i can tell you there is no way to determine whether its a big old raunchy buck or a little skipper who left the pile o crap. its all based on diet. a urin spotin the snow how ever thereis a tell tale sign to p[rove if its a buck or a doe
Not so fast. Every area is potentially different, and while there is no 100% rule I have found that 'most' older bucks after the rut and throughout the course of the winter leave somewhat 'runny' or, for lack of a better term, 'cloddy' feces. My theory is the older bucks that rut harder do this since their fat supplies are so depleted afterward. I know there is a medical reason in humans, anyway, that people with too-low body fat counts are more prone to 'the runs'

The rest of the year I do not know if there is any real correlation however.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

that pretty much proves nothing. thanks for playing though. its diet diet diet. its that simple
Old 07-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

From my experience, individual pellets especially smaller are from does and young deer. Buck scat tends to be more stuck together in clumps, sometimes the size of a golfball.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Spike

I agree with the diet weather it is clump or otherwise
Old 07-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

that pretty much proves nothing. thanks for playing though. its diet diet diet. its that simple
Now that's funny right there. I agree though, it's diet.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

doe poop is sweeter Seriously it is diet that contols clumping or other elements of the crap
Old 07-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not trying to prove anything. Maybe you are right, in my area maybe mature bucks might eat different stuff than does through the course of the winter...I think that would be odd though.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:38 PM

Deer pretty much eat the same thing, no?. . . and they obviously are all ina givenarea (my area, your area etc..) . . . .so why do some "clump", and some don't?? Same area + same diet = ???? If you're telling me that the bucks diet is different than the does, then I'd sure like to know whatthat difference is. In my "area" (aka 6 countiesin Ohio), the deer eat from the same fieilds, under the same trees, browse along the same edges/trails, hell, they even drink from the same water holes . . . . . . and that's allregardless of sex.Infact, I really can't think of a single species where the males eatsa different kind of food thanthe females[8D]
I'm no biologist, so maybe it's just me. But the idea of same deer herd/different diets seems absolutely ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Deer Doodie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.