What is a good one to get. But not to pricey. Iweigh 275 Lbs So I need a sturdy one. One that woud be light and easy to use. Thank You..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's A Good Treestand To Buy ? >

What's A Good Treestand To Buy ?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's A Good Treestand To Buy ?

Old 07-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's A Good Treestand To Buy ?

jrbsr,
I use a gametamer loc on these days, as far as comfort and sittability(might not be a word) I don't think there is a better one on the market, it has a weight rating of 350 or so, it adjusts to fit the tree and keep the stand level regardless of the tree(which is a killer feature). I can't tell you how many times in the past I couldn't set up where I wanted b/c I couldn't find a straight enough tree.....The only downfall to the stands is that they are not cheap,I borrowed one from a friend before actually buying one. Afterusing the stand it was a no brainer for me... www.gametamers.comGood luck with your descision!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Summit is lightweight and strong. I was interested in the Equilizer until last weekend. Iwent to a hunting expo and Iasked the lady demonstrating the stand a number of questions about the durability of the hardened cranking handle. She suggested to turn the handles around or remove them when carrying the stand because they do sometime break off. She was selling extra handles at the show. Last thing I would want or need is to break one of those off going to my hunting location and not have an extra handle. Just my opinion
Old 07-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Goliath
Old 07-16-2008, 12:02 PM

give ol' man a look they stared the web seat design for me it is the most comfortable seat hands down