Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how long have you been hunting? >

how long have you been hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how long have you been hunting?

Old 03-06-2003, 06:03 PM

Default RE: how long have you been hunting?

I have been hunting since I could walk, that' s about 25 years now. Started off squirrel hunting & killed my first deer at 9, been an average of about 10 per year since then & the numbers are growing.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

With a license; 25 years. Gophers and such 35.

Dan O.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:00 PM

Mrfishy, Maybe this will top the list.
Started squirrel hunting at age 10. That was 59+ years ago. Went on to Pheasant, quail and rabbits. Started deer hunting in 1957, the year that Illinois opened the season. My first deer? 11 point buck, 200lbs. field dressed. that was a good start. But I haven' t been able to improve on that first buck. Now living in MS with about 35 kills so far. I' ll be 70 this next season, but I have already spotted a buck that needs to go on my wall. I believe that it' s the huntiong that keeps me going. LOL
Old 03-06-2003, 09:09 PM

Started hunting small game in grade school back in the late 60' s. Started deer hunting in the early 70' s. Not sure of the exact number of years but I have been hunting over thirty years.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I want to say since I was 12. After a couple years, I let up on it. However, in the past couple years I have really taken it back up. Between fishing and hunting is it anywonder I' m always broke?[:-]
Old 03-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

This past year was just my third year hunting Deer. Still so much to learn. I can' t wait to try hunting Turkeys this year. The people on this site have been a big help and I can' t say enough about you all....
Old 03-07-2003, 01:32 AM

I got my firs bow at 12 and bought it from lawn mow.n money. That was back in 1952. Iook my first shot at a cottontail ( and missed). I was hooked from that point on. That' s whe everyone shoat a long bow, no camos, tree stands, scents or calls! Started deer hunting at 16. That year took my first bear and a large doe. Never looked back. It;s a bit tough hunting elk now but I still face the challenge at 63 years. Too tired to count the years - you young uns figure it out.

Keep on Keepin on, JOHNNY CANUCK
Old 03-07-2003, 02:00 AM

I forgot to mention that along with bowhunting all those years, I have also use rifles and shotguns and have hunted deer, moose, elk, pronghorns, wild hogs, and exotics. I have had the great fortune to have hunted in at least 7 US states with a few of the bowhunting greats who are still my hunting heros!

JOHNNY CANUCK
Old 03-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

The first time I carried a gun hunting was in 1982, I think, when I was about 11. I walked with the old man before that, though.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

32 years and God willing maybe another 32!

Quick Reply: how long have you been hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.