Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Tip for a one day guided hunt? >

Tip for a one day guided hunt?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tip for a one day guided hunt?

Old 07-13-2008, 07:29 PM

Default Tip for a one day guided hunt?

What is the ideal tip for a one day guided hunt on a thousand acres if I score a 130 class 8 or 9 point?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tip for a one day guided hunt?

good luck lol but seriously if there is no way you could scout the property before hand i would get a topo map of the property and try to find a funnel of some kind whether it be between fields or somethin like a couple ridges coming to a point but i would think your best bet is to study a topo map as much as u can
Old 07-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's a guided hunt the guide should have already done all the scouting. I'd say it depends on what the cost of the hunt is and how much work the guide did to put you on an animal. I'd say 10-15% of the price of the hunt.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501

good luck lol but seriously if there is no way you could scout the property before hand i would get a topo map of the property and try to find a funnel of some kind whether it be between fields or somethin like a couple ridges coming to a point but i would think your best bet is to study a topo map as much as u can
Thanks but it is a guided hunt, I meant dollar wise. Sorry, I should have been more clear.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

If it's a guided hunt the guide should have already done all the scouting. I'd say it depends on what the cost of the hunt is and how much work the guide did to put you on an animal. I'd say 10-15% of the price of the hunt.
Thank you. I probably will go at least 20 % then.