Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what weapon do you hunt with?

Old 07-13-2008, 10:17 AM

Default what weapon do you hunt with?

I prefer muzzleloading. Lately I have been taking first time hunters so I have rifle hunted (30.06 or a win .270) the last couple of years. I spend most of my time with a shotgun in my hand hunting over my German Shorthair though.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what weapon do you hunt with?

I am a bow hunter but the last two years I have been taking my daughter and when she hunts with me I hunt with a rifle. I tried her out last year bowhunting in a tent blind....She needs a little more time before we try that again...... The girl can't be still or quiet for very long...
Old 07-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt bow, muzzleloader,shotgun or 30/30....just depends on the season
Old 07-13-2008, 06:09 PM

Well this season it will be my second archery season and I'll be packing my Hoyt Magnatec. just had it restrung and got a new rest.Ireally hope to be able to get blood on it this season.Muzzleloader I'll be toting my T/C Black Diamond .50 which with its pet load shoots MOA with no troubles at 100yards. It will be my second muzzleloader season with last years being a score opening morning. And finally for rifle I'll be packing my AR-15, it's a DPMS lower, Armalite 2 stage tactical trigger, Magpul CTR/Miad stock/grip, and a custom Ko-Tonics 6.8SPC 16" combat upper.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

I love to hunt with my bow which is my main choice. I recently have some interest in muzzleloaders and started shooting my T/C Encore that I picked up lately. Not that I don't like hunting with my rifle, but just a last option for me I guess.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

26 yrs of bowhunting,did handgun and BP once and the last rifle was in 82.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on the season! Bow season, I use my Martin Jaguar Magnum. When it comes time for the guns, it is either a Winchester M70, .308 or 7MM RM, and when I hunt in tight spots, I go to my Ruger SRH, .44 mag.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

See my signature:

Bow season: Reflex Highlander

Muzzleloader season: Reflex Highlander (I don't own a ML).

Rifle season: Savage .308 w/scope for long range. Marlin .30-30 w/iron sights for close up, brush busting. Remington 870 12GA for everything else and in places where there's a county ordnance against rifles.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am predominantly a bow hunter. I will take out the shotgun or handgun during gun season so that I can hunt more places and take some extra does.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:32 PM

A 7mm Rem Mag bolt action M77 Ruger for rifle. Thinking about trying my hand at an 870 Shotgun also. My other form of hunting is in my signature.

Quick Reply: what weapon do you hunt with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.