Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How often do you NOT see deer? >

How often do you NOT see deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How often do you NOT see deer?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:12 AM

Default RE: How often do you NOT see deer?

There's so many variables, it all depends. Usually though for me I get a sighting every other day.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

I usually get them pretty patterned when i hunt so i usually see a few deer every time i hunt feilds/crops. When i hunt the deep woods where i set new stands i usually see them about 40% of the time.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Usually 80% of the time...

Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

New lease for me but I have yet to see less than 6 and one day I just quit counting there were so many. Lets see what happens when season opens.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually see at least one every time I'm out hunting. I think last season there was one, maybe two days I didn't see a deer. The year before, I saw deer everyday I hunted. I usually don't see a bunch of deer each day I hunt, usually one to seven or eight. Does and fawns make up most of the sightings. I usually see about 10 to 12 different bucks each season, most of them being spikes or4 points. I did manage to kill two 8 points and a 9 point last year, so I do see a few good bucks every season. Of course I am hunting my own land ( 100 acres ) and leased land that borders mine from a cousin who doesn't hunt ( 113 acres ), so there is very little pressure on the deer. This makes it a lot easier to see deer just about every time I go out.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 90% of the time i see deer. What gets me is on the ride home I migh see more beside the highway than I do out of the stand!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Banned

I would say I only see deer 15% - 20% of the time I hunt. I only seen a total of 5 deer last year. [&:]
Old 07-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd say almost everytime I go out I see something, though I'd happily give that up if I could shoot a big buck every year or so.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:06 PM

Depends a little on where I hunt. One farm, I see deer about 2/3rds of the time. My own home farm, probably 40-50%. Some years like last year were horrible though. I hunted 4 days of gun season and 2 days of muzzleloader season and the only deer I saw were three does 5 minutes after legal shooting time the last day of muzzleloader season. I did hunt 2 days on public land in early season and saw 2 bucks (one a VERY nice 10 point broadside standing at 30 yards scratching his ear with his hind foot). I had an antlerless only tag though. Figures!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't say everytime I've gone out I've seen deer. I'm sure that over the years there have been those times but most of the time I see deer. They do not always present a shot, esp. during bow hunting. It can be very frustrating seeing 10-15 deer during a day and not have a shot. But seeing them is still cool (gets the old heart pumping).

Quick Reply: How often do you NOT see deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.