Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kill or harvest?

Old 07-15-2008, 02:00 PM

Default RE: Kill or harvest?

Harvest and Kill like everyone depends on the surrounding and the tall tail being told
Old 07-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

when i'm with hunters i would say "i (killed, shot, stuck, put a cap in the ass of) that deer

when im not around hunters, i use took or tagged.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

Kill. I don't worry about offending non hunters. If they don't want to hear the truth they shouldn't be asking.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Spike

Harvest Man!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 PM

Why does it matter? I go hunting for 2 reasons. #1 to get away from it all as they say and #2 to put some meat in the freezer. Unlike a lot of people here I would just assume shot a doe than I would a buck. If you ask me she has the better tasting meat. That's what my dad taught me hunting was all about. He also said that's why are ancestors (Cherokee on his dad's side) hunted and fished. So call it what you like it's still the same thing. I also think we shouldn't try to offend non hunters. That's a good why to add fire to the anti hunting flame.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

if i'm talking to someone I care about that i know is somewhat uneasy about the subject I'll say harvest for them but I we do not catch deer, we kill them and that's what I call it.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed every deer I harvested
Old 07-15-2008, 09:09 PM

Harvest is justthe politicaly correct term in my opinion.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Robert L E

I kill game. (farmers harvest and fishermen catch)

How about you? It puts me off when I hear about the deer harvest and creeps me out when I'm asked if I caught one yet. I havn't caught one yet but I've killed quite a few.

Bob
LMAO!! man that last line is classic! I don't know how many times I've had to explain "you don't catch 'em, you kill 'em". . . but now I will definitelyuse that line
Old 07-16-2008, 07:54 AM

Good Grief;

Whats with all the Mr.Sensitive crap.The word is KILLED-I killed a deer this morning.We really are raising a nation of whimps.I could care less what company I am with or who I am around-the word is killed.Period.Hunting is a God given right-just read the good book-thats what I tell the Anti's,shuts em up everytime.As hunters we are just "killing" ourselves.Just look at what the anti's see when they turn the tv on,they see some dude in a zoo(high fence) with a bow or a tc encore and shooting some captured animal,that is pretty much all thats on tv when it comes to hunting.Real hunting and real hunters are not shown on tv anymore-then we wonder why things are the way the are.I got your Mr.Sensitive.

Quick Reply: Kill or harvest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.