Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kill or harvest?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:00 PM

Default RE: Kill or harvest?

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

If you did not read a single reply in this thread, then how could you have noticed my spelling error.

Here's your sign
Evidently,you haven't had enough. I noticed your spelling error because I began reading replies after I posted my reply, not prior to.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice back peddle on that. But congrats anyway,you are now up to three replies on a thread that you claimed not to have read and don't seem to care about.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

lcc, I don't really care if you kill, harvest, or even how you spell. What I do care about is that you would post a picture of a special needs child in the manner you did. I am guessing you don't have a special needs child, or know anyone that does. I am very lucky myself that both of my children are very healthy, but I have still volunteered my time to work with the special Olympics and can tell you it is one of the most rewarding things I have ever been a part of. The fact that you would do this speaks volumes about the type of person you are and the amount of respect you deserve. I hope you or one of your children never has to know what is like to have to care for a special need child. However, you are the type of person that would not understand how disrespectful your post was until one your children or grand children are born with special needs
Old 07-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Noted. I'll add that to the long list of things that areconsidered by someto be politically incorrect to post here.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am pretty sure you can add that to the list of things that would makepeople consider you a turd of a human being.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Turd? I can live with that.But,that is about the 4th or 5th time that I have posted that photo on here in the last year, with no negative responses other than yours. So you will pardon me if i take your comments with a grain of salt.

Now back to the actual topic of this thread.......
Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not going to get in a pissing match with you. However, I cannot believe that with all the members on here, none of them have children or grandchildren that are special needs. How would you feel if your child was special needs (or even better, the kid in the picture was your child) and someone posted it in the manner you did. I am not a big supporter of PC, as anyone that knows me can tell you, but I am big supporter of having respect for other people. Your post lacks respect and tact. You can take my post with a grain of salt, that is fine, but going back and reading some ofyour posts with all of the spelling errors and grammer errors shows just how much intelligence you have, as well as how much weight one should put on your post.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Okay, i'm a turd and a dumass. Sounds familiar. You're not my ex-girlfriend posting under that name are you? Now back to the topic....
Old 07-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure if I have ever used the word harvest in a conversation in my life. Therefore, when I "harvest" a deer, I just say I killed one. It really doesn't matter to me how people say it. Down south, you don't hear the word harvest like you probably do up north. A lot of people down here say horns. I just let it go. No need correcting everybody. BTW, I say antlers. I don't think I've ever called them horns in my life. For those who think a particular postis stupid and belongs in the trash, just don't reply at all. BTW, I've killed a whole lot of bass this summer.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think that harvest may be more of an upper Midwest and New England term. In the lower midwest, folks more commonly speak in terms of "getting the crops in," "cutting," or something along those lines.
Apart from that I only see it used in some of the DNR literature, not among hunters.

Quick Reply: Kill or harvest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.