Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Madder than hell at my wife and mother in law.  Free hunt. >

Madder than hell at my wife and mother in law. Free hunt.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Madder than hell at my wife and mother in law. Free hunt.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Madder than hell at my wife and mother in law. Free hunt.

ORIGINAL: AUTiger

Id still take him and deal with it later
x2
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Since they all but have him dead and buried...why don't you go ahead and get him a really nice head stone and then they can watch as he leans up against it till he really needs it! Sack up...and tell them what life really is like and then take the old man hunting.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 AM

ORIGINAL: texas8point

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/texas8point/fredrusty.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/texas8point/100_1475a.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/texas8point/fred.jpg

My father in law, MY FRIEND died 5 weeks ago. I sat with hin and watched him die the last week of his life. It was terrible, but i loved him. After 20 years of hunting together, the last 3 yearsI drove himt to his stand, made sure he was in good, talked on the radio's to him and picked him up every day, morning and night, loaded and skinned a deer if he shot one, WHY, cause thats what your supossed to do for your true friends. Anyone who wouldn't do it for a true friend isn't really a friend. I know the friends I hunt with would do it for me.
Tell your wife thats what he lives for......my father in law was 64. He wasn't ready to die. He had so much want left in him, he wasn't ready and it pains me to think about it. Bad liver and kidney's got him.
X2. Sorry to hear about the passing. You are rich. 20 years of bonding like that.... I would give almost anything to be able to hunt for just one year with a dad/father-in-law.

Lesson: life is short, live it to the fullest. I don't mean to tell you how to be the man of your house, but if it were me, I would tell me wife that I am taking the gentleman, and that she's going to have to live with it. Good luck and God bless.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:16 AM

The day my wife tells me not to go hunting ,she better have my bags on the porch when I get back from hunting.Last year I had a major surgery. I got out of hospital at 3:15 at 3:45.My son and I where heading to the woods.He killed a deer that night.The next day I was so messed up in pain,I sat in lawn chair telling wife and son how to skin and cut up the deer.God only gives you a few hunting seasons don't miss any.Take him hunting deal with it later,also buy one of them sofa,couch bed things ahead of time,for back up purposes.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're winding up in the middle here.Should be your father-in-law telling his wife and daughter what he's going to do, not you.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NH306

COWBOY UP SON! Did you get neutered at an early age! Rock out with your C@ck out! It might be his last hunt!
LMAO!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:28 PM

Just take him hunting!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Fork Horn

Take him aside, away from the women, and ask pops what he wants to do. If he wants to go then talk with his physician to get an expert opinion. If it is a go, the wives won't notice when you pack for two. The women will get over it; after all you are doing what is best for HIM. They don't want what is best for him, they want what is best for THEMSELVES.

I think that your set up would be OK for a person with Parkinson's, ALS MS, or MDS. Some people with these diseases just are sitting waiting to die. I WOULD RATHER BE SITTING WAITING ON A HOG OR A DEER.

Keep in mind that all of us are giving advice from afar. You are there.

If it does not work out with pops, maybe your local American Legion could help you find a disabled hero to hunt with.

Bob
Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

First and foremost it should be HIS dicission as to what he does or doesn't do. If he wants to go he has every right to spend some time in the great outdoors. And not to sound like a broken record on here because I think everyone has either said it or is thinking it but, I hope to God that someday I have a son or son-in-law that cares as much as you do! (we'll have our first child the end of August) They need to understand that thats one of the things he enjoys most in life and they don't have any right to take that away from him. You're going to regret it if you don't take him. The memories will deffinately be worth the trouble.

Good Luck!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM

Its not up to the woman if they loved him they would let him go I spent over 10 years keeping the farm running so my grandpa could see his farm working it almost cost me my marriage and alot of overtime money Every dime worth it And I didn't even get a chance at the farm when he past. but it was worth it to me I loved that man I would take him while he still has his mind he wouldn't even need to kill something just going out. keep talking to him he would know if if he can \\

Bless You For Tring

Quick Reply: Madder than hell at my wife and mother in law. Free hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.