Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what makes you a deer hunting fanatic? >

what makes you a deer hunting fanatic?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what makes you a deer hunting fanatic?

Old 07-06-2008, 11:15 AM

Default what makes you a deer hunting fanatic?

What makes you a deer hunting fanatic and what drives you to be in the stand all day no matter the weather?I know that for me it is the thrill of the hunt and the memories in the field and just nature what is it for yall?
Old 07-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what makes you a deer hunting fanatic?

Probably the 10 1/2 months that are spent searching for the buck you want to see 20 yards or less from the spot that you pick.

To me, its about the time and the memories gained from chasing whitetails.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:57 PM

Reading a good book in a tranquil location, and my body being at the most relaxed state it can be………… Then having my body yanked to the peak of excitement in a split second when a deer walks up on you. It’s a ride you can’t get at the amusement park!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Knowing that at any moment a bruiser could walk by, or at any moment nothing could walk by. Either way I'm away from the troubles of society(bills,car problems, things of that nature). I know, I'm Huntin!!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:05 PM

Seeing all Gods creation come alive as the sun starts to rise and knowing that it is jst between me and whatever walks out. Him against me ..... who will be smarter, better, more ready..... and..... am I hungry for some backstrap....

God Bless,

MET

Old 07-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

Getting a few weeks a year to hang out with great friends and enjoy all of natures wonders. Waking up in the middle of the night dreaming of a big buck walking towards you. Getting up two hours before daylight everyday, because if you slept in it could have been the day you took the buck of your lifetime. Keeping track of how many hunting seasons and days to hunt you figure you have left in your lifetime, and feeling like it just isn't enough. The sheer joy of helping a friend or first timer harvest a buck, and the lifetime bond that is built through the experience.Mumbling under your breath "I am a mountain man"as you break throughlate Novemberice tofloat a buck across a mountain stream, that you just rattled in while hunting a snow covered grove of monster red cedars. All this and a million more reasons that make the women in my life hate me and my parents wonder if I will ever grow out of my hunting obsession.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having fun with my family & friends,being in the outdoors (and not behind a computer screen like Mon-Fri),making memories in the field, watching young dogs hunt and mature after working so hard with them throughout the year, anticipation ofseeinggod's creatures in their natural habitat.....