HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   is it a good idea? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/251412-good-idea.html)

mossbergman11 07-07-2008 02:38 PM

RE: is it a good idea?

im notgonna do it trust me;)

forddeerslayer 07-08-2008 04:59 PM

i know here in pa itsnot legal for sure its actually a pretty big deal from what ive heard cause you figure your prolly not wearing any orange and hunting with no orange is also no legal so he could get cought for more then one fine possibly just my 2 cents be careful no matter what he does be safe. :)

thomasbolton 07-09-2008 02:03 PM

i think that is a bad idea two becaus if you shoot the spurrils then you are takin a game that helps you spot the deer. when the deer come to your corn pile the squrril will start to fuss a lil bit which gives the deer away to let you no that the deer is near

JFergus7 07-09-2008 02:09 PM

Pretty sure that is illegal in IL. And why would you want to kill your chances of getting a deer by taking out a few squirels?

fastetti 07-10-2008 09:25 AM

I know its illegal in Michigan and Pretty sure in Illinois. Ive been known to take a handgun pellet gun and take a few out or at least give them a warning shot in the ass to stay off the feeders (Only Michigan with the feeders) If you keep the end of the barrel inside the blind you cannot hear it outside. I'd say if you want to do anything, use a pellet gun. I know on the slow days when it is raining or crappy weather, ive been known to take a few squirrels out of the population.

MarquetteMagnum 07-14-2008 03:38 AM

When I was younger I took out my blow gun a couple of times, I did shoot one squirrle, then after all the comotion I never did that again.

bryant1 07-14-2008 07:35 AM

I wouldn't personally do it, but i know guys that carry pistols while bowhunting known high population bear areas.

mossberghunter93 07-14-2008 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: ogg

im pretty sure its illegal in Ohio.
i was thinking the same thing

Jack Ryan 07-19-2008 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: thomasbolton

i think that is a bad idea two becaus if you shoot the spurrils then you are takin a game that helps you spot the deer. when the deer come to your corn pile the squrril will start to fuss a lil bit which gives the deer away to let you no that the deer is near
ROTFL

mossberghunter93 07-20-2008 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

ORIGINAL: thomasbolton

ROTFL
omg lmao lololololol