Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how many sheds have you found? >

how many sheds have you found?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how many sheds have you found?

Old 03-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how many sheds have you found?

yesterday some of the snow melted and i went out at like 5...walked around for an hour and a half and found nothing...kicked a few up and i didnt see any racks...im bound to find one....today i might go back out i duno...it got cold again and the rest of the snow didnt melt..like half sides of hills still coverd and creek bottoms...i think im going out though because next week my parents leave on a cruise so i wont be home for a whole week and 2 weekends....so they might dissappear before i get to them in 2 weeks...thanx for them pics holedigger...i didnt really know what one would look like on the ground..this is my first year......now i know what in the world im looking for!!
Old 03-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I went out Sat for a few hours. There was still about 12" or more snow on the ground. I didn' t find any, but I did find where they' ve been staying. We had a whole lot of snow for a while, and there was only 1 place on our land they have been in probably the last month. I couldn' t believe the deer droppings. I could have filled a few wheel barrells full from the droppings that were in a 50 yd circle. Unbelieveable.
I' m gonna hit that area real good once all the snow melts and see if there are any around. If I don' t find any there, it' s not likely that I' ll find any at all I would think. That seems like my best chance. Who knows, I may get lucky.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-11-2003, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I haven' t been out looking for them yet this year but I ran into a guy yesterday while fishing and he said his neighbor found one with 9 points. He said the base was the size of a mans wrist and when they weighed it, it weighed 36lb. Whether thats true or not...I don' t know but the state record was killed in the same county. The guy said it has got to be the new state record and if what he said is true then it may just be......I hope I run into him again and maybe I' ll find out exactly where it was found......If so...and if I can get permission....I know where I' ll be during the rut.
VH
Old 03-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zero.
I have yet to find my first.
I take that back. I did find a bunch on a friends land, but zero since then!!!!!