Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How much dous your land lease cost? >

How much dous your land lease cost?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How much dous your land lease cost?

Old 06-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much dous your land lease cost?

$=0 740 acres on a hand shake in southern Illinois!! Walt
Old 06-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

I know several land owners who are getting between $50-$80 an acre to hunt in Pike and Adams Co IL. Very expensive, but the oppurtunity to kill a booner is as good as anywhere else in the country.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

6k acres for 50 people at 750.00 per member. I'll let you do the math.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Think its about $17/acre, and always going up....

Old 06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

why pay money to hunt.??? we hunt big woods public land. big nasty maine bucks
Old 06-30-2008, 08:24 PM

thanks for your responses. i agree that leases are expensive and public land is tough. I have access to private acreage as well as the club, and now I really see how important the relationships with my landowners can be. thanks...keep the info coming.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont lease land to hunt. My family owns 300 acres much of that is river front property. weve been offered 10 million for the river front from an outfit out of Ill. Sorry the land is not for sale/lease nor will it ever be.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Around $20 per acre seems to be common in southeast Illinois, but I think that will double in the next decade. Unless you are up to your neck in nearby public land, the only way to go in the long run is owning land. And by owning land I mean YOUR name on the deed.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Won't lease, never have, never will. Leasing only breeds more leasing and will kill hunting for the common man, don't encourage it. [:'(]

I use creative approaches tofind land to hunt on, and I get plenty of offers of free hunting. If you can access a topo mapping site you can find plenty of free places to hunt in most areas, pay particular attention to the smaller less known public parcels, odds are you'll have them all to yourself. Make sure to obtain the GPS coordinates and carry a printout of the parcel displaying them in case an irate landowner of an adjoining property thinks you're trespassing n his land, you'll love the look on their face when the game warden tells them they just got a ticket for interfering in your hunt.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leases in most of north LA. go for around $4 to $6 an acre. The closer you get to the delta region ( Miss. River) the price goes way up, that is if you can find a place. Many clubs in this area require you to purchase part of the property. If you want to hunt the best places in LA., it will cost you $200 to $300 thousand.[&:]You will now be part owner of a deer, duck, and turkey paradise. I'll stick with my 100 acres that I own and the 113 acres I lease from a cousin. BTW, I give my cousin, who lives in Colorado and doesn't hunt, $500 a year to lease her land. What makes it better, is that her land joins mine. I'm in the process of trying to talk her down to $400, but don't know if it's going to work. There are lots of deer on both of our properties, so I'll pay what she asks.

Quick Reply: How much dous your land lease cost?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.