Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How will gas prices affect how much you will hunt deer this year? >

How will gas prices affect how much you will hunt deer this year?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How will gas prices affect how much you will hunt deer this year?

Old 06-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default How will gas prices affect how much you will hunt deer this year?

Please respond to poll only if you have to travel more than 25 miles to hunt. Please take into consideration if you've had to cut back in maintaining food plots, maintaining tree stands, trimming, etc. These all play a part in this poll and affect your season in some way..
Old 06-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How will gas prices affect how much you will hunt deer this year?

I go anywhere from 1 mile to 150 miles to hunt,I will pay ta play.............................................. ..BUT
Dont worry if your voteing Dem because the higher taxes will help ya right and gas will go back to what it was 2-3 yrs ago(1.79gal)before they took over and with all the oil they willlet us drill for it should go back down.....remember it was thier promise to lower gas to start with,O-wait it went up 2.20 a gal sorry they are fighting for ya...........
Old 06-29-2008, 04:32 AM

Wont hurt me I'm working where I plan on hunting this year. Gas card. I might have to flip for a room O'well.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

most of my hunting is within 100 miles from my home. gas prices hurt BUT hunt'n keeps me sane!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not going to let it affect my big game hunting this season. However, it will affect my waterfowl hunting. We will only pull one trailer of decoys, and ride together in one truck as much as possible. We will also wait for favorable scouting reports instead of going 2 days a week no matter what.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

No effect at all!
Old 06-29-2008, 11:18 AM

Unfortunately I live in a very suburban, liberal and sue-happy area called Maryland. My closest hunting spot is 30 miles one way. Other spots are 40-45 miles one way. With gas at $4/gal and my truck getting 14.5mpg, that puts a hurting on my already stretched out wallet. I used to hunt 2 days a week. Now I'm afraid that will be cut down to 1 day a week or even every other week.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be looking to car-pool more than I have in the past. And I may have to limit my scouting excursions a bit.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

just to go upstate for the weekend with 4.30 a gallon gas prices and paying 3 tolls going and on the way back is getting ridiculous.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Gas priceshave beenaffecting the way in which i hunt for the upcoming 2008 deer season months ago. i have been planting food plots the past several years and been calling my plots, "the fields of dreams". This year you might as well call it the field of "unmowed weeds". I have to drive 180 miles to where I hunt, and if you have ever had food plots before you know they are labor intensive. With the crazy price of fuel, I can no longer seed and manage the plots due to the price of fuel. So there is no doubt it has already, influenced the way in which i hunt for 2008.

Quick Reply: How will gas prices affect how much you will hunt deer this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.