Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any one scouting for velvet bucks this weekend? >

Any one scouting for velvet bucks this weekend?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any one scouting for velvet bucks this weekend?

Old 06-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default Any one scouting for velvet bucks this weekend?

Anyone scouting this weekend? Take a camera and lets see what we can capture to post by Monday to start getting wound up for the season. Archery here in Idaho is only 2 months away. I have started seeing several deer with decent horn growth, so I am sure we can get something on film.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any one scouting for velvet bucks this weekend?

Went last night in Adams Co. IL and saw 40 deer. About a 1/3 were bucks. Two of them had some very nice growth and should be shooters by the time October 1st rolls around. I'm gonna try to go this weekend. I'll take a camera ifI go.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went to my property Monday and saw several deer including three bucks in velvet, two 6 points and an 8 point. All three looked to be 2 1/2 year olds. The 8 point is going to be a nice one, at least for north central LA. standards. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera or video recorder with me.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I spend a large amount of my freetime in the summer glassing this areas bean and alfalfa/clover fields. It's amazing what a guy can observe on some of the better evenings! I gennerally take a spotting scope and a few pairs of binos...... along with my kids. They enjoy "watchin' deer with dad", and I'm always glad to take 'em.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Couldn't get out when I wanted because of to many family activities, so this was the best I got, a scranny 4x4. Was hoping to get out early in the morning, but Grandma and my little boys didn't cooperate. Oh, well, I have to save making them mad for hunting season.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

i've been scout'n for the last 2 months
Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Went again Saturday night and saw over 60 deer. Once again, a 1/3 were bucks. When I glassed our neighbors field I saw three deer standing in 5ft grass. All you could see were huge racks and ears!!! Had my wife not taken her camera it would've made for an awesome photo! Almost ever buck I saw was with a bachelor party. It's amazing how fast the racks grow this time of year. The corn is getting very tall around this area as well, so the number of deer should start to drop significantly...
Old 07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

heres a couple i've seen.i try to keep my camera with me all the time !
i think the second and third pics are of the same buck.his right brow tine is shorter than his left.also, all bucks look bigger from the rear.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:53 AM

what times are you guys goin out mornings and evenings?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:54 AM

when the deer r out du also i have seen a pretty good size velvet buck last week

Quick Reply: Any one scouting for velvet bucks this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.