Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 whats your Largest buck taken? >

whats your Largest buck taken?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

whats your Largest buck taken?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: whats your Largest buck taken?

Schultzy, Great buck, and I gotta say dude, Thats a GREAT hat.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/texas8point/2.jpg
Old 06-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was Dec. 16th 2006, about 60 degrees and foggy. I had beenin the stand about 45 min. when I caught movement in some tall dog finnels. I looked and saw two quick flashes of white. My first thought was that it was turkeys bobbing their heads. It disappeared then came into a second opening and I saw an antler and it disappeared again. Whenhe hit the third and final opening in the weeds I was ready, he was about 15 yards from the property line and a 100 yardsfrom meso I bawled at him. He stopped on a dime right behind a tree covering most of his vitals. My mind was racing I was like "What the crap. My first chance at a good buck and he's covered by a tree." Well I know that myMarling 30-30shot straight so I laid the cross hairs about 1'' off the tree and figured I'd kill a deer or tree. I shot saw a whirl of fur and then nothing. My hunting buddy called me and I told him I shot my fist buck, he asked how big I said it only had one side of its antlers cause that is all I saw. I had made a bad shot on a doe two weeks earlier an my mind started running and I thought I had made a bad shot that was the longest 20 min. of my life. When I got out of the stand and got about half way to where he was last standing I saw he was DRT and was a full eight point. He hangs over my desk in my office right now. This is a story I will carry with me forever and tell my kids, thanks for letting me share it.

Top: That's me withmy deer. I weight 260 and wear a 52'' tux so he'spretty wide.
Bottom: My hunting buddy Lee.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:03 AM

This is my biggest buck todate score 228 n/t I was hunting with a good friend of mine i spotted this buck out in a field with a doe and belive it or not i actually let my friend shoot first i told him that this was a buck of a life time a said he could take a least the first three shots. Well he moved in on the buck took carefull aim and missed all three shots the buck just moved around a little bit not wanting to leave the hot doe My friend came back over to me a nd said i just can't hit him he was shaking pretty bad by now buck fever had gotten the best of him. Well i made my way to weremy friendhad shot from and nailed him first shot he took off running and i managed to hit him one more time and he was down.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: oakcreek

This is my biggest buck todate score 228 n/t I was hunting with a good friend of mine i spotted this buck out in a field with a doe and belive it or not i actually let my friend shoot first i told him that this was a buck of a life time a said he could take a least the first three shots. Well he moved in on the buck took carefull aim and missed all three shots the buck just moved around a little bit not wanting to leave the hot doe My friend came back over to me a nd said i just can't hit him he was shaking pretty bad by now buck fever had gotten the best of him. Well i made my way to weremy friendhad shot from and nailed him first shot he took off running and i managed to hit him one more time and he was down.
[quote]

I'm a better person hearing this GREAT story, a heart of GOLD.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:30 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

[quote]ORIGINAL: oakcreek

I'm a better person hearing this GREAT story, a heart of GOLD.
It was the least i could do i was signed onto his lisense
Old 06-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

218 3/8.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:44 PM

Oakcreek, ole boy sittin above him isn't too small either. What does he score?