Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 To all our fellow midwestern Deer hunters Dealing with the epic flooding. >

To all our fellow midwestern Deer hunters Dealing with the epic flooding.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

To all our fellow midwestern Deer hunters Dealing with the epic flooding.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default To all our fellow midwestern Deer hunters Dealing with the epic flooding.

Just wanted to let my fellow hunters in the midwest know my thoughts and prayers are with them as they struggle to save their homes and communities. While we are busy with our food plots, scouting for velvet bucks, and testing out gear for this fall, they are filling sand bags and pumping out their basements, so keep them in your thoughts.
I have been impressed at the reports I have seen of the midwestern people, pitching in and helping their neighbors, taking matters into their own hands to save them and theirs. I haven't seen people gathering on overpasses waiting to be saved, and abandoning their homes counting on the government to save them like we have seen in other areas. I hope all goes well in your recovery and you are in your tree stands by this fall.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To all our fellow midwestern Deer hunters Dealing with the epic flooding.

Well said millage. My thoughts and prayers go out to them as well. I can't imagine what that's like, just awful. And it is good to hear that they are coming together so well. Probably would've helped a lot in the gulf, which I think you were referring to.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: To all our fellow midwestern Deer hunters Dealing with the epic flooding.

thank you, i really appreciate you guys caring
Old 06-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you guys are going through. In 1997 we had the flood of the century up here. From south of the US/Canada border up to and about Winnipeg was one huge lake. Devistation was severe but crops have come back as well as the animals of the wild. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families during this most difficult time.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well said guys! My thoughts and prayers are with ya'll too! It's been a bad year for the toronadoes and flooding, I'm hoping we will have a quiet hurricane season! Sometimes we take life for granted, the last couple of years have showed us how fragile life and our life-styles really are.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Well said guys! My thoughts and prayers are with ya'll too! It's been a bad year for the toronadoes and flooding, I'm hoping we will have a quiet hurricane season! Sometimes we take life for granted, the last couple of years have showed us how fragile life and our life-styles really are.
X2 i could not have said it better my thought and prayers are with you guys and gals also. keep your up.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

x3 Hope your lives get back to normal real soon.