Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Lok Claims .....

Old 06-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Spike

Default RE: Scent Lok Claims .....

I have Scent Lok and got all caught up in the hype a good 4 or 5 years ago. The more I think and the more I read, the more I am calling BS. I've tried so hard to be perfectly scent free with clothing wash, scent lok, etc...

It's a big gray area on their claim that really can't be tested. Who's to say Scent Lok was the reason someone killed a nice deer? You cannot justify it.

I should get in the lawsuit with these guysfor spending my hard earned money on a product with good marketing hype.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I first off do not use it, But If you read it close it says "It works on sent 100% of the time" Not that it blocks it 100%
Old 06-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear scent-lok and I have no problem with them stating whatever they want to state. It is called marketing and every company does it. I did not buy my scent-lok because I thought it would make me 100% scent free, if anyone would ever think they, then they need to look around and see if they can find some common sence. It like the other poster said, how many products are out there for weight loss, or growing a bigger pecker. Guess what, they don't work by themselfs either. There is no lawsuit here, they marketed their product, if you were a fool to believe 100% of what they said, then that is on you!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Their product has been independantly tested under lab conditions with dogs attempting to find hidden volunteers wearing the suit, it failed every single test since the dogs found them each time. Does anyone here doubt that a deer can smell as well as a dog? So much for their claim. The carbon they use is also bonded to the fabric, so half of it is already useless since it can't adsorb through glue,and what little is left clogs quickly, as anyone who works with AC can verify. If carbon lasted for years then Brita pitchers wouldn't need a new cartridge every 2-3 months, and water has far less to give up than any human. Frankly I hope the FTC drags them to court and puts them out of business for defrauding the public.
That is proof enough for me that carbon doesnt work.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

MARKETING BS.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

what does it matter?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I wear scent-lok and I have no problem with them stating whatever they want to state. It is called marketing and every company does it. I did not buy my scent-lok because I thought it would make me 100% scent free, if anyone would ever think they, then they need to look around and see if they can find some common sence. It like the other poster said, how many products are out there for weight loss, or growing a bigger pecker. Guess what, they don't work by themselfs either. There is no lawsuit here, they marketed their product, if you were a fool to believe 100% of what they said, then that is on you!
Marketing and lying to sell a product are two very different things. When you talk about these weight loss products, you have to remember that they are never approved by the FDA and they always have the little disclaimers like "results are not typical". If they didn't, they would all be sued. You can pretty much label anything as a "dietary supplement" and sell it.
I never saw a disclaimer on any carbon clothing I bought. If it's also true that you need to heat the carbon to 800 degrees, then they decieved customers by telling them that the garments only needed to be placed in a dryer to re-active. As far as I'm concerned, I hope they sue the hell out of all of them. They made all their money by decieving people, so I could care less if they lost every penny in civil suits.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:08 PM

people have hunted and killed deer many years without it so i figure i dont need it
Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never fallen into that either. For 1 thing its too expensive. I just use sprays. If I really wanted to fool their nose and if I could stand it,I'd rub cow crap all over myself. They smell that all the time where I hunt. Maybe not from 20 feet in a tree though.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

The activated carbonmost likely doesn't work, but when I sarted using scentlok a few years back I do think It helped me become a better hunter. I washed and then threw the clothing in the dryer. From there they went into a bag and I didnt put them on until I was where I was hunting. Even if the carbon isnt working, the steps to "activate" your suit is actually just getting you more aware of keeping scents off your clothing untill your hunting. Before I bought scentlok clothing Ididntgive scent control as much thought, and thats why so many people believe it works.

Quick Reply: Scent Lok Claims .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.