Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Lok Claims .....

Old 06-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Lok Claims .....

ORIGINAL: rackaholic89

people have hunted and killed deer many years without it so i figure i dont need it
Exactly rackaholic. I think it's hilarious when I see these people buying this stuff up thinking it's gonna score em bigger deer. Yet another reason these big names in huntin piss me off. They're rolling in the money laughing at all these gullible people buying these unnecessary products. They probably don't even use their own products when they're not on camera. If I kill a big deer, it aint because I was using a certain product, it's because I spent time in the woods gaining experience and knowledge about what I'm hunting.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

ORIGINAL: rackaholic89

people have hunted and killed deer many years without it so i figure i dont need it
Exactly rackaholic. I think it's hilarious when I see these people buying this stuff up thinking it's gonna score em bigger deer. Yet another reason these big names in huntin piss me off. They're rolling in the money laughing at all these gullible people buying these unnecessary products. They probably don't even use their own products when they're not on camera. If I kill a big deer, it aint because I was using a certain product, it's because I spent time in the woods gaining experience and knowledge about what I'm hunting.
exactly!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

im calling it LACK of common sense!!! i try to do everything to throw the advantage as far as i can in my favor but im not going to spend money like it grows on trees. i wouldnt place the blame all on scent lok the consumer has to use the God given common sense to justify the money for what the product does so again i call USE YOUR HEAD if it sounds to good to be true then it prolly is.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: forddeerslayer

im calling it LACK of common sense!!! i try to do everything to throw the advantage as far as i can in my favor but im not going to spend money like it grows on trees. i wouldnt place the blame all on scent lok the consumer has to use the God given common sense to justify the money for what the product does so again i call USE YOUR HEAD if it sounds to good to be true then it prolly is.
So what your saying is that the these people can make whatever claims they want in their advertising/marketing and the responsiblity should still fall back on the consumer? Thats crazy man. It doesn't matter if someone is a millioniare or saved for six months to buy jacket; at the end of the day they were both decieved--Thats not right.

We asconsumers depend on producers to deliver products as advertised. Why should I have to go out and research what temp that carbon needs to be heated up to in order for it to release odors? If the tag says that it releases it in the dryer-thats what it should do--Point Blank. Come to find out it needs to be heated to 800 degrees.

Every other producer from automakers to food companies areheld accountable, carbon clothes makers should be too. It's not right for them to be able to make false claims, and thentell consumers to"Use Your Head".

Old 06-24-2008, 09:50 PM

Well, the new hype is MOXY scent elimination. This should be the next bestest product for scent elimination and put the carbon suite industry out of business. JIMO, Common Sense, is No Longer Common!

Bottom line, in my opinion, what ever works to helpyou become a better hunter (either by combining carbon suites, sprays, uv elimination, utilization of numerouse body scent products, etc) then go for it!

I'm entering my 4th year of hunting, the carbon suite I bought 3 years ago (bought into the hype and my common sense, well it was on vacation []) was the begining of my scent control introduction. Now days, I just wash throughly, eat right, still use spraysand play the wind.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Bartender

Thank gosh this is not in the bow forum, I am out of here.