Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO? >

2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

Old 06-16-2008, 12:49 PM

Default RE: 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Fair chase is my benchmark. In the first case it is simply a canned hunt and nothing more. The animals have no reasonable chance of excaping and the killing could be compared to a livestock dealer harvesting an animal. This is not hunting regardless of what type of animal is killed. In the second case if sufficient space is fenced with the fence not inhibiting the animals from living a normal life then I don't have a problem with it. A 10,000 acre fenced property still allows for the normal movement and excape of wildgame animals.
X2 you pretty much took the words out of my mouth.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Thank God Boone and Crockett Decided for me what is fair and what isn't so I don't have to...

Hunting is hard enough as it is without me having to have my OWN moral compass...

Old 06-16-2008, 03:41 PM

No matter how big the property behind the fence you are still farming for deer. Any time you manipulate nature you alter the significance of the outcome. Thats why the Jordan buck will never be equaled.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 PM

Sept by the Hansen buck???
Old 06-16-2008, 04:05 PM

The jordan buck has been bettered by the hanson buck only in size of antlers. the jordan buck was killed in an era when everyone hunted for meat. you shot any buck you saw. it was rare that any buck survived as long as the jordan buck did. any body can GROW big bucks.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:51 PM

So you are saying that fair chase has something to do with hunting pressure?

Funny... I thought fair chase was about the ability of the animal to get away...

Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Spike

DUDE THAT'S HILLARIOUS !!!
ORIGINAL: kevin1

In either scenario don't forget your camo:

Old 06-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with gadwall. Anytime the habitat is altered to change the deer's range or behavior, it has turned into entertainment. Like a sporting event you pay to watch, or like another guy said, shopping for deer. It sickens me honestly, knowing that these guys are killing huge deer that have nowhere to run and hide. It's not hunting, and they oughta be ashamed. Guess they couldn't kill big deer on their own in the deer's habitat, so they had to make it their own habitat that they have control over. Cheaters. I'd rather kill a dad gum doe at my place than pay thousands to kill a 200 class monster inside a recreational facility. They just need to learn to hunt.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree if i ever had the money i would buy a few thousand acres and fence it in more to keep others out and keep out lower class deer
ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I'm not in favor of a small fence "hunt". If the enclosure is large enough, a few thousand acres depending on the terrain, I dont have any problem with it, also if they want to stock some genetically superior brood stock in the enclosure there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

High fence is high fence. Gives the hunter an advantage that fair-chase does not. Control mostly. I don't support high fense hunting in any way-shape-or form....

Quick Reply: 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.