Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Browning Stainless Stalker or Remington 700 XCR? >

Browning Stainless Stalker or Remington 700 XCR?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Browning Stainless Stalker or Remington 700 XCR?

Old 06-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Browning Stainless Stalker or Remington 700 XCR?

Well the time has come to make a decision on my deer/hog hunting rifle. I've decided that I want to go with a stainless/synethic, and I've pretty much narrowed my choices down to these 2 rifles.
I like the look and feel of both rifles, so now I'm looking for opinions from owners of both.
They both seem to have a great reputation for exceptional out of the box accuracy and good build quality.

Any opinions would be welcomed.
If it helps, I'm looking at either a .270 or .30-06
Old 06-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Browning Stainless Stalker or Remington 700 XCR?

I've looked at both. I decided on the 700 xcr but last minute changed my mind and bought the 700 Stainless SPS. The only time I'd need to Tynite finish on the xcr is when hunting near the coast (salt water). I used the $250 I saved on the rifle and bought a zeiss conquest 4.5-14 x 44. Its a tack driver.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Go with the Browning Stainless Stalker..as an owner of two and a dozen 700's... you'll like the bolt rotation for big game hunting...they really are nice rifles..
Old 06-14-2008, 11:42 AM

Go with the Browning
Old 06-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Browning.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

That XCR is one of the ugliest rifles out there IMO. I just can't stand the rubber grips on the synthetic stock....I'd much rather see just a stainless barrel on a synthetic stock minus thos rubber grips, whether theyre in grey or black....

I looked at a browning synthetic couple years back, didn't like that stock either though, though I would take it over the XCR, the browning stock just seemed cheap/plastic like. Not sure why many rifle makers have such a tough time making a decent looking synthetic stock.....though more seem to be catching on.

Get what you like though,
Old 06-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Wow.....all but one person recomending the Browning Stainless Stalker.

Just curious why...

Both the 700 and the A-Bolt have excellent reputations....can you tell me some of the "specifics" as to why most are leaning towards the Browning?

Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

I really like their thin stock...the short bolt rotation... nice trigger..the internal/removeable clip...break in the barrel correctly and they will shoot more than good enough...they were available to left-hand...I own two, a 7mm mag and a .338 mag..they have 3.5X10 Leupolds on them...I've drug them over everything imagineable and have never had a single problem.. besides those, a gunshoppe in my area was closing and was down to their last day andno one wanted to but either, I went in and was interested in the 7mm, the owner said he wouldn't sell me one, but I could take both for $300 a piece, bandnew right out of the box, how could I pass that deal up..!!! Nothing wrong with Remington's, I own a dozen of them...in a variety of calibers.....
Old 06-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

If you want the rubber feel of the xcr, I have a browning 325wsm with the duracoat finish and love it, I wish I could get it on others I have.. I have 3 A-bolts and love them..
Old 06-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

ttt

Quick Reply: Browning Stainless Stalker or Remington 700 XCR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.