Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 WHAT A WAY TO HAVE A DAY RUINED!!!!!! >

WHAT A WAY TO HAVE A DAY RUINED!!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHAT A WAY TO HAVE A DAY RUINED!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHAT A WAY TO HAVE A DAY RUINED!!!!!!

It could be worst!!! I hung my treestand in July fought the bugs and nats and snakes in a tree where I have shot a deer with my bow every year. When I left I took my ladder with me so no one could steal it or my stand. I went the day before the opener and not only was my stand gone but the area was clear cut and houses were being built. I found my stand in a pile of logs still attached to the tree but my spot is gone forever.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

What is there to be mad about? The land does not belong to you, it belongs to your Grandparents! Sounds like the common theme with this spoiled generation, "Entitlement Syndrome!"
Get over it!

Who pissed in this guys cheerios this morning??
Old 06-07-2008, 01:21 PM

2 lunger Thats exactly what I was thinking!! I thought I had a right to be upset over my huntin spot gettin messed up!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Mag I had the same thing happen to me in 2005, they were drilling a well 80 yards from my stand and feeder. I was really depressed but I made the best of it. They were almost done by hunting season, they were still coming in and out of there but they didnt start til around 9 AM so I hunted til then and killed my biggest buck to date 144 net and missed 1 thats was bigger the day before. All this happened during the rut and didnt seem to bother the deer. Stay positive...
Old 06-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

If it is a water well then that will be a plus. If it is an oil well then that is a plus-plus. The drilling will be finished long before hunting season and the deer won't pay it any attention to the well. Don't understand if you are the manager, etc, why you didn't know about the well.
exactly! a well is not going to ruin "your" hunting spot. the deer will get used to it and your hunting will not be effected.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jwork

Mag I had the same thing happen to me in 2005, they were drilling a well 80 yards from my stand and feeder. I was really depressed but I made the best of it. They were almost done by hunting season, they were still coming in and out of there but they didnt start til around 9 AM so I hunted til then and killed my biggest buck to date 144 net and missed 1 thats was bigger the day before. All this happened during the rut and didnt seem to bother the deer. Stay positive...
I'm going to agree here Mag. As long as they start well before the season I think you will be ok. These deer will adapt but you will have to also. Once the get that well in they will only check it once a day. I live in the middle of oil heaven in Illinois and the deer are completely used to the oil workers. Just like farmers, these deer know these people mean know harm. I think you will be ok.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

What is there to be mad about? The land does not belong to you, it belongs to your Grandparents! Sounds like the common theme with this spoiled generation, "Entitlement Syndrome!"
Get over it!
Holy Cow Dude! Give the guy a break! I'd be pissed if I lost my hunting spot too. One dude says he's hunting without permission and you say he's spoiled! Those are some of heartless replies! It sounds like you have issues with hunters that have a spot to hunt!

Maglite-I hope they get the well dug in time for you to hunt the field. If they don't, I hope your next honey hole kicks ass!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

The original post just gave me the impression of what I see too much of today, the "Me" generation, thats not the case here though! Sorry for sounding overly harsh!
Good hunting spots, wether you pay to hunt, hunt family land or friends land, come and go though. Nothing lasts for ever!
I agree with the others who have said that the spot may be as good or even better in the future.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow a guy can't even come on here blow off a little steam with out getting beat up!!!Mag don't worry it is plenty early the deer will get used to it quick, I hunt land down in southern Illinois and they put a huge blower in for the mine shafts and they sound like a 747 taking off and thought the land was toast. Well the deer were used to it by season after only two months and killed adandy there right next to it.. Walt

Old 06-09-2008, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

i live in a city so shooting my firearms is not a regular thing by any means. to shoot (without wasting money on a range) it's a 30 minute drive. i went shooting with a couple freinds one day and i had one of my friends spot me to get a scope sighted in...after 2 boxes of ammunition i was nowhere. [:@]couple months later (a week or so ago) i went shooting with my other friends and got sighted in half a box

i've decided that i need a boresight so i can just do it myself next time

Quick Reply: WHAT A WAY TO HAVE A DAY RUINED!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.