Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should I?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Should I?

join the deer contest if i plan on shooting a buck in bowseason? I know that i can't predict the future, but would it be shady if i entered just to wind up as a dud? I assume there is no points for does
Old 06-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Should I?

Siman08/OH,

I created the contest for several reasons, but primarily in hopes of building a sense of "community" around the site. When folks join a contest, then they begin to get more engaged with the site and that is the primary reason I created it.

So, I obviously would encourage you to join and would not ever consider it to be a "dud" just b/c you did not harvest some monster buck deer. You never know, you may slip up on old mossy horns, or you may just take a few does - regardless, you will be in the woods, hopefully with close family and friends - and THAT is what matters.

Hope that clears it up. Any more questions, do not hesitate to ask. Have a great week!

TDWW
Old 06-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, TDWW

I agree with thesense of "community",I was in the bowhunting contest and a couple of the turkey contests, and they were all good experiences. Ill have to think about it i guess.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Not a problem - am here to help. Just as an FYI, I will post rules and regs as we approach mid summer. Have a few things I want to change from last year, but nothing critical. Have fun!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

Siman08/OH,

I created the contest for several reasons, but primarily in hopes of building a sense of "community" around the site. When folks join a contest, then they begin to get more engaged with the site and that is the primary reason I created it.

So, I obviously would encourage you to join and would not ever consider it to be a "dud" just b/c you did not harvest some monster buck deer. You never know, you may slip up on old mossy horns, or you may just take a few does - regardless, you will be in the woods, hopefully with close family and friends - and THAT is what matters.

Hope that clears it up. Any more questions, do not hesitate to ask. Have a great week!

TDWW
Not a problem - am here to help. Just as an FYI, I will post rules and regs as we approach mid summer. Have a few things I want to change from last year, but nothing critical. Have fun!
TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF,

I have been doing the Firearm/Gun Deer Contest for over 5 years.
I created the contest for several reasons,
So WHEN did you create this contest ?????

I would like to know how & when it went from me to you ????

jrbsr
Old 06-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

join the deer contest if i plan on shooting a buck in bowseason? I know that i can't predict the future, but would it be shady if i entered just to wind up as a dud? I assume there is no points for does
In the firearm/gun contest you are allowed 2 bucks,
so you can use one in the bow contest and the other one in the firearn contest.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

should i join even if i dont know if i am going to get a chance to deer hunt this year? CA is on a draw system for tags, and i enter for the hardest to get area cause thats where all the Mule deer are, and therre is alot of public property
Old 06-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeeze this is a tough one, and whats up with the TOPDAWG thing? Did he invent the contest?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Siman08, you read my mind. I am in the same boat, I will be gun hunting, but I traditionally don't see many bucks, let alone big bucks in the week or so I gun hunt. I am still working on new places to hunt this year so you never know, I might get a great spot, I just don't want to let anyone down if I harvest a doe or a small buck. I know some of these guys have 1000's of acres and pass on deer that I would consider a trophy. Please let me know if you guys think I should give it a shot, I would really like to. Any excuse to interact with fellow hunters is all I need.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wantto join up for the interaction, but im going to be putting all my efforts into bowseason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.