Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I am a Red Neck and Southern as they Come >

I am a Red Neck and Southern as they Come

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I am a Red Neck and Southern as they Come

Old 05-28-2008, 10:15 AM

Default RE: I am a Red Neck and Southern as they Come

Southerstrut, you are right.

All the things that most people characterise a redneck by is only half of it. A true redneck will help anyone that needs help no matter how far away, how big a problem, or how deep a truck!!! There is more to being REDNECK than meets the eye, in my earlier post i was just answering the same stuff TDWW said. I mean yeah we have fun, we get loud and rowdy, and do some pretty crazy stuff; thats just the fun side of being a redneck, you cant always have fun. Serious times: family member dies, good dog dies, best truck just gives out cuz its to old, And when someone threatens your lif or your families life.

The overall point is there are two different sides to a REDNECK and most people only look at the fun and crazy side, and not the serious and loyal side.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

TDWW in all his glory.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Woof, Woof, WOOOOOOOOOF!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Seems to me to be a true redneck you have to have an old family receipe for BBQ sauce that you don't even share with the wife....Same goes with home made ice cream...

You should have killed a few deer with a spotlight in your younger years, have also killed a few with a .22...

Know how to set a trot line, make and set a rabbit box...

Consider coon, turtles, blackbirds, robins, frog legs, squirrels, rabbits and quail good eating...

Know how to set a fish trap in the summer and can use the same for birds in the winter...

Change you own oil in your truck, can replace the starter and alternator and know the difference between a connecting rod and a crankshaft...

Music...Country plain and simple...

Old 05-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

Sorry, but I have to reply. I don't know why we're having a "Who's more redneck" contest, but some of these things have nothing to do with redneck and I doubt that many of you have ever seen a true redneck. RUGER seems to know what he's talkin about, maybe because he's a fellow Alabamian, but he's right when he says most people around here don't consider people like him country. You boys on here ain't seen bonified true "Redneck". Are some of you saying that if you don't benchpress a sh*tload of weight you aint redneck? That's hilarious, because being physically big aint got a thing to do with it. Also, being a Redneck and being "Southern" are two totally different things. I'm extremely "Southern", hence the name, and I'm a redneck in some ways also, but I don't wanna get into that cause I aint tryin to prove how red my neck is. Lemme just clarify a few "thangs". Driving a tractor doesn't make you a redneck, it just means you have larger areas and fields to tend to and it would be more efficient to use a larger machine. Dipping skoal or whatever your brand of choice only makes you redneck if you don't own a toothbrush, you sleep with a hawgleg in your mouth, you're missing most teeth, the teeth you have left are stained dark yellow, and you spit in natural light cans. .....I'm guilty of the last. Just b/c you have a bunch of guns dont make you a redneck, those crazy kids that shoot up schools usually own an arsenal of weapons and they are far from a redneck. Wearing camo doesnt make you any more of a redneck than if you just wear a white tshirt and jeans.....I know many old men who have killed more deer than any of us while wearing overalls and beat up tennis shoes. I grew up ten minutes from the Talladega Superspeedway and have been to every single race since I was 11. I just recently stopped going because its too predictable. Anyways, I have seen REDNECK. Have you ever seen a drunk pregnant woman with a cig hangin out her mouth run bare-footed across a highway in front of traffic just to pull her shirt up for some Dale Earnhardt SR. beads??? Didnt think so. You ever sat next to a couple during a race and watched them smoke 2 packs of cigarettes and drink a gallon of vodka and orange juice during the first half of the race, then commenced to yelling at each other about who was better Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr., then see the woman be carried out on a stretcher after passing out, and the husband stayed for the race and cut his jeans off into shorts.....one leg being way shorter than the other....? Thats redneck. I saw an old man with a huge homemade (looked like it was done in jail) Dale Sr. tattoo on his arm attack a guy in a Jeff Gordon painted wheelchair for saying Dale Sr. was a dead a*s and he's glad he hit the wall. I could go on for days, but it would probably shock most of yall here. Come down here for the fall race at Talladega and walk around the campgrounds, you'll see a redneck or two.....especially if it rains, it's like nothing you'll ever see in your life. Don't get me wrong, there may be a few true necks on this forum, but from what I've read, yall aint got a clue.

That's more descriptive of whitetrash than redneck. Redneck is a term that wasa descriptive term of people in the fields who would work all day long and their necks would be sunburned. They usually were honest, hardworking, people who had been raised farming or physical laboring for a living. They usually dont have much but they worked hard for everything that they have.

I guess the term redneck just has different connotations for different people[&:]....
Old 05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am posting these for allen denton, it is his kids in camo.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks bryant1, my wife has gotten used to me and it does not even bother her any more if she comes home and the kids are decked out in full camo.

thanks again
Old 05-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've got you all beat unless somebody else here got caught making out with their second cousin at a family reunion[8D]
Old 05-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't make out with her....But she did show me her boobs!!!!

She was a 1st cousin....
Old 05-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I've got you all beat unless somebody else here got caught making out with their second cousin at a family reunion[8D]
That's funny chit!! I don't care who you are!!!!

Quick Reply: I am a Red Neck and Southern as they Come

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.