Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Do you remember your first deer? >

Do you remember your first deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you remember your first deer?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:38 AM

Default Do you remember your first deer?

Hi,

I'm going to run the risk getting run out of dodge for self-promotion here, but our latest video seems to have really struck a cord with a lot of hunters in the blog community and I wanted to share it here and see what this community thinks as well.

I don't know if you would consider this a traditional hunting video, as it's basically a hunter recollecting his first dear, and the video deals more with the relationship between the hunter and the animal, than it does with the 'hunt.'

http://huntingwithjim.com/2008/05/22...ms-first-deer/

Thanks for any feedback and enjoy!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you remember your first deer?

I enjoyed that
Old 05-27-2008, 08:01 AM

My dad's memory of my first deer might be more vivid than mine..

We were hunting together when I spotted 3 does. My dad was looking in the opposite direction and couldn't see the deer but the deer had already spotted us. I knew I couldn't nudge my dad or I wouldn't have any chance at getting a shot. It had been raining and I had my scope covers on to keep the scope clear. I slowly raised my 30-06 and looked through the yellow fogged up scope covers. I could just make out the deers form at about 30 yards. I took the shot and almost gave my dad congestive heart failure. My shot was a little high but the deer dropped right in its tracks. It's a wonderful memory and I'm glad my dad could be a part of it.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

cool video

Old 05-27-2008, 12:40 PM

Wheres the video?????
Old 05-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Video stopped working??
Old 05-28-2008, 12:38 AM

Dang! Six years before his first deer. I thought I had it rough not getting one until my third season. Then again, I am 90% self-taught and didn't have 0 hunting buddies until that third year.

That year, I felt rich not because of the amount of food I put in my freezer, but by the good times and good people I went afield with.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jan 2, 1987. I was 16 and it was my first deer season. I hunted almost all season on a stand with my uncle and the last two weeks he let me go by my self. AM hunt the dogs were burning up the woods and ran a 110 lb doe to me and I got my first deer. I was very pleased with myself and could not wait to call home. Well before I got a chance to call home the afternoon hunt went even better. I was on an old access road that paralleled the highway and I could not hear anything. About time to be getting picked up the dogs got closer and closer. I was ready and just like it was written out, a 19 inch 9 pointer stepped out and stood broadside at 20 steps. I shot once and the deer fell right down. I not only killed the deer but caught the three dogs that were running the deer so the dog drivers were happy and it looked good for me and my uncle for me later to enter the club. Now that seems so long ago and yes I was very excited but near as excited as this year when my 8 year old killed his firt deer, and turkey I might add. He loves to hunt and loves to shoot .22 competetively.

PS. if anyone would help me add a picture, I was asked to look up some old photos the other day and found one of my deer. I can email it to someone I think.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are allen denton's pics of his first buck

and another buck he took in '04

Old 05-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim cracks me up!! I love a guys who laughs at his own jokes!! Keep the videos coming!!

Quick Reply: Do you remember your first deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.