Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana.......... >

Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard about black panthers and mountain lions in Indiana but wolves are a first.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our eastern coyotes have been DNA tested and have wolf in them. Maybe that's what's going on.

I seriously doubt a state game official could authorize the shooting on site of wolves.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by indiana deer hunter
Where in indiana were they supposed to be killed and when ?
I think those two questions, from the get-go have remained unanswered. Probably because it would then be possible to I.D. the encon officer from the area that supposedly made the determination.

Of course, that's if the story is accurate, which I still believe is highly doubtful.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Spike

Default Im pretty sure..

Its a big fine if you kill a wolf anywhere but Alask and I think Montana now. If ya do ya better hope DNR thinks its a coyote! I have seen video of the 4 they killed in Indiana and they sure look more like wolves than coyotes!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Spike

They found one dead in a farmers field in Indiana that had a transmitter on it that had traveled from Wisconsin. I read young males will travel as far as 550 miles to establish his own territory or to join another pack.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

You resurect a post that has lain dormant since 2013. Why?
Old 03-18-2015, 05:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by miked3
Its a big fine if you kill a wolf anywhere but Alask and I think Montana now. If ya do ya better hope DNR thinks its a coyote! I have seen video of the 4 they killed in Indiana and they sure look more like wolves than coyotes!
you can kill em in IDAHO. THERE IS A SEASON AND YOU MUST HAVE A TAG, BUT YOU CAN KILL EM.

maybe he was bored or possibly just didn't notice the dates,
(I know I didn't,till I read your post) or possibly he just read the story in his second post and thought it relevant.or because he's a newbie and was just exploring the site. i'm just speculating but these are a few reasons I came up with without straining to hard.

just saying ,cut him a little slack .no point in running him off.

Last edited by kidoggy; 03-18-2015 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

I'm the same way. I didn't look at the date until it was called out. They are all around us. I see no reason they couldn't travel to Indiana. As for the story of the 4 I don't know on truth or not but it's not out of the question. Just like feral hogs. they have been seen moving North in Indiana and cougars as well. When it comes to wild animals, anything is a possibility.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

two or three years ago, we had 3 documented in northern Illinois. As I recall, one shot (mistaken for coyote), one hit by car or train, one on a trail camera.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

The game warden confirmed that 4 of the canines that were shot here in southern Indiana were wild wolves. Wolves arent supposed to live down here anymore. He said if we see any, to shoot them.

You better get that in writing and make him sign it with his badge number before you squeeze the trigger. I'm willing to bet the State Game Dept may not see it that way if you get caught popping one. And that doesn't even take into consideration if the FEDs get wind of it. There are a lot of people that don't want anybody shooting any wolves no matter where they are found and if there is a breeding population found in a place like IN you can bet the FEDs will issue protection to them.

By the way, this post is 7 years old. Was there some particular reason it got brought back up?

Quick Reply: Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.